PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my wordpress website.

Steve knight
11-02-2010, 1:15 PM
I just logged in after several months did a ftp backup and then updated to the newest wordpress version. now all my product is missing.
all my product is gone. well it does not show up.
I am getting these messages and not sure if it is the problem.
I could do a restore but I want to work it out. :(
The following directories are not writable:

/nfs/c04/h05/mnt/60538/domains/knight-toolworks.com/html/images/wpsc/downloadables/
/nfs/c04/h05/mnt/60538/domains/knight-toolworks.com/html/images/wpsc/previews/
/nfs/c04/h05/mnt/60538/domains/knight-toolworks.com/html/images/wpsc/product_images/
/nfs/c04/h05/mnt/60538/domains/knight-toolworks.com/html/images/wpsc/product_images/thumbnails/
/nfs/c04/h05/mnt/60538/domains/knight-toolworks.com/html/images/wpsc/category_images/
/nfs/c04/h05/mnt/60538/domains/knight-toolworks.com/html/images/wpsc/upgrades/

You won't be able to upload any images or files here. You will need to change the permissions on these directories to make them writable

Sean Troy
11-02-2010, 1:45 PM
Did you upload your data base?

Steve knight
11-02-2010, 1:48 PM
I did not change it. my site was up and running but I needed to change prices. plus wordpress wanted to do it's updates as it had been at least 1/2 years since I did it.
So far I have not uploaded any databases just did it all online. If I knew what files to replace I can go that way.

Dan Hintz
11-02-2010, 2:28 PM
Linux system? You probably need to change the permissions for the listed directories as it's non-writable by default...

Steve knight
11-02-2010, 2:30 PM
ftp works fine. but I tried to do a restore and now my whole site is toast.

Dan Hintz
11-02-2010, 2:33 PM
For FTP, you're "logged in" as an administrator, so to speak. It looks like it wants writable permission for anonymous users (WordPress). I had a similar issue when I revamped my e-cart... I had to go back in and set certain directories to be writable.

Rob Steffeck
11-02-2010, 6:01 PM
Google Search: Wordpress "following directories are not writable" (http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=wordpress+%22following+directories+are+not+writa ble%22)

If you view the first hit that comes up in this google search, you'll find a link to forum where people are having the same problem. Read through the thread and you'll see some good suggestions. I would post the link directly, but can't due to TOS.

Steve knight
11-02-2010, 6:30 PM
Yes I found that too. doing a restore fried everything so I deleted my site and did a clean restore. I am putting off updating the plugins till I have it all worked out.