PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Help

Gary Liberman
11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Good morning,

We just started using our machine. I will post some pictures of our works later, but Ive noticed when we engrave near the zero point on the xy axis, the engraving looses power, doesnt engrave as clear as other spots in the table. The vector cutting in this point is OK, but we loose some clarity or power near the zero point. What could be happening? Alignment?

Thank you!

Robert Walters
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Try moving your "zero point" over an inch or two.

Scott Shepherd
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forum!

There was a recent thread by someone about this somewhere here. On that model, the machine will not engrave to the edges of travel at full speed (or close to full speed). You will have to move your work over about 3/4" of an inch from the edges of travel on the "X" axis and it'll work fine.

That's just the way the machine in made, nothing mechanically wrong with it.

Bruce Volden
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
It's possible it's a focal issue ie; perhaps table isn't entirely level?

Bruce

Brian Fiore
11-02-2010, 9:59 PM
Gary,

I too have a Universal Versalaser 3.5 50 Watt, and I have to shift everything over 1/2 inch to the right and 1/4 inch down just to be safe for engraving (vectoring is fine though).

I thought it was the alignment at first, and my laser dealer sent me instructions how to align it. Before I aligned it, there was another thread in this forum indicating that is how a lot of laser machines are built, and it is unfortunate that that aspect is not made 100% clear to us buyers upfront who are first time laser purchasers.

That said let us know if you do an alignment and still get the same results.

-Brian