PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a bit over the edge

Mike Christen
11-02-2010, 9:01 AM
Not sure if this thread will be moved but since braille can be done using a laser I'll post anyways.

A regular customer came in today and may need to have some "Handicap No Parking" signs made. The strange thing was he said he needed braille on a couple of them because of local codes.

Now I know why our streets and highways are so dangerous :D.

Scott Shepherd
11-02-2010, 9:03 AM
I think he probably doesn't understand the code. He's probably confusing "ADA" with "Braille". Handicap Parking signs must meet ADA requirements, but there is nothing in the ADA code that says parking lot signs should be braille. I think he's got something confused.

Kenneth Hertzog
11-02-2010, 9:21 AM
although I agree with both of you
why is braille on the drive up bank machine
just wondering
ken

Dan Hintz
11-02-2010, 9:21 AM
Just like there's no requirement for Braille on drive-up ATM keypads... but it's cheaper to put it on all of them, so there they are.

EDIT: Hah, Ken... there ya go... we crossed paths.

Robert Walters
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Mike,

Please find out where he plans on placing these signs, so I can avoid that area (or at least setup a video camera)!

Niklas Bjornestal
11-03-2010, 3:52 AM
although I agree with both of you
why is braille on the drive up bank machine
just wondering
ken
You know that cars have some extra seats that can be used to transport other people to, they aren't only for transporting laserable stuff ;D

Mike Christen
11-03-2010, 8:44 AM
There is a lawyer in this area that has a lady go around with her baby and asks businesses to use there non-public restrooms to change her babies diapers or something. When the person agrees to let her use it and if it's not up to ADA requirements the lawyer sues and usually settles out of court for a few grand. Some of the requirements make no sense at all, unfortunately it is only to pad someone's pocket, usually government officials of which most are lawyers :eek:.

I'm all for helping and making things easy for people with disabilities but some people are just in it for the money.