PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO Endtable - Pic

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-08-2003, 1:46 PM
I recently completed this small table for SWMBO. I had the plans for this for a few years, and when the LOML remembered that we had them, I was ordered to complete the table. Nice little project, and she is happy with it. Should have know to build 2 from the start, as now she wants another! Details: Pine, as if you didn't know. ;)
Minwax Golden Oak stain.......what the Boss wanted! Pre-Stain Minwax Wood Conditioner, and 3 coats of Minwax Polycrylic........finish came out smoother than a Baby's Behind! Anyway, SWMBO is thrilled, and it was a fun, easy, quick project. (Not sure where the plans were from, but Meisel rings a bell.

Von Bickley
04-08-2003, 2:54 PM
Kevin,

Great looking table. It's always a good idea to keep the wife happy with your woodworking skills. Makes it easier when you need new tools.

Ken Salisbury
04-08-2003, 4:21 PM
<p align="center">
Very Nice Job Kevin -- the wood conditioner works wonders on soft lumber re: pine, etc.

Ken Wright
04-08-2003, 5:57 PM
real nice work .....

Jim Baker
04-08-2003, 6:56 PM
Nice table, Kevin.

Ron McNeil
04-08-2003, 8:11 PM
Kevin,

Nice job on the table. I like the design. I need to make something like that. I'm always reading my wood and motor cycle magazines and leaving them stacked by the bed and the wife gets up-set. Lord knows it's best to keep the little lady happy.:p

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-08-2003, 8:51 PM
Thanks to all for the compliments! It is fun to do a straight forward project like this once in a while. Keeps the LOML happy, and she even helps out in the shop sometimes.................when I am building something that I let her think was HER idea! To Ken, you are correct about the Wood Conditioner...........I used to HATE to even try to finish Pine, but now I consider it one of my favorites, for certain things. Just can't beat the Beauty of Pine for Country Pieces.