PDA

View Full Version : Jds

Steve Clarkson
11-02-2010, 7:25 AM
Things must be slow at JDS.........

I ordered about 30 different odds 'n ends from JDS at 4:30pm yesterday.....and paid for standard UPS ground shipping.......checked the tracking number this morning and lo and behold, it's already here in town and scheduled for delivery today!

That's quite a contrast from when I order from Johnson's or LaserBits or Delvies......most take about three days and that one in Utah takes 10 or more!

Of course, this wasn't one of those emergencies or rush jobs.......had I actually needed it in one or two days, Murphy says is probably would have been on back order and taken a week.

Anyway.....kudos to JDS for great service.

Scott Shepherd
11-02-2010, 8:24 AM
Steve, I agree with you. We used to buy 95% of our plastics from Johnson, but we used to get our packages in 1 day, and that changed to 2-4 days. Seems everything came from somewhere other than the locations close to us. So we started using JDS more and more, and I LOVE the ability to check stock online to see who has what in stock so I can make informed decisions on the process. We order from them because, like you, if we order before 4:00 or so on any day, we have the package the next day.

I wish they carried more of the product lines. There are some of the Rowmark line they don't carry and they don't carry the thicker IPI pieces that we have a constant need for. But overall, I really like dealing with them. We're probably now at 95% of our plastic from JDS.

Martin Boekers
11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm lucky with JDS as they have a warehouse in St. Louis and one in Chicago, so it's one day from both those places.
In extreme emergencies I can drive to St. Louis in about an hour if neccessary.

They have been better with having items in stock lately (earlier this year was
a bit difficult at times)

They have good promos, with a min of $5000 a year you get great discounts,
and they pay shipping on orders over $1000. So it does make it worth
your while to group orders together.

Their ordering system is the best I have seen. As Scott says, you can see what warehouse has the products you need
and select shipping.

One other feature I like about their site is after you sign in you can see all of
your previous orders. This makes it easier at inventory time if I can't
find an invoice.

I get an email as soon as it's shipped, I've ordered as late as 4:45 and
was surprised that I got it the next day (less than 24hrs!)

Marty

greg lindsey
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I absolutely love JDS, thier Houston wharehouse is 15 mins away from me, I can call at 5:45 and they'll have the order ready on the dock at 6:00, often the guys will wait for me if I get snagged in traffic on the way there. Seems like the Houston wharehose is HUGE takes up almost a half block, and they always have it in stock. Kudos to JDS, the Houston support staff is awesome.

Terry Swift
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm lucky they have a warehouse maybe 10 miles from my home here in Arlington. Johnson has one in Carrolton; but that's much further away. Both have been great for me; but many times - neither has what I need in stock in Dallas; so they ship from closest place. I get everything in 3 days or less. I've pretty much dropped LaserBits; as I had quality control issues on their granite and got no real feedback from them why and how they may fix the issue. LaserSketch stepped up and sent me granite that was the same size each piece. Paid a little more; but saved me in time.

It becomes time consuming to really find suppliers that want to work with their customers and provide quality versus a cheap Chinese product that doesn't have that.

For acrylic beyond Rowmark / IPI sizing; I use JBob's (very local and will cut anything you need) and TAP Plastics. Both have very reasonable pricing.

Anthony Scira
11-02-2010, 11:57 AM
JDS is on the ball when it comes to shipping.

I have never had a problem.

Dan Ashlin
11-02-2010, 2:45 PM
Same here, No matter what I order, it seems its always in stock near me and arrives the next day. Marco on the other hand, I always have problems with, billing and shipping wise.