PDA

View Full Version : My LN Christmas

Tony Sade
12-26-2004, 5:00 PM
Actually, only the chisels were my Christmas present. The planes I've picked up in the last few weeks so I thought I'd post the whole batch and get all my gloats in at once. ;) I bought the rabbet block plane new to fine tune some through tenons I did recently on a coffee table. The little 102 I got directly from a fellow who posted on the classified section of one of the other ww forums. I paid around 70% of retail and it's in like new shape. The large scraper I stumbled on when I clicked on the non-collectible section of ebay's hand tools and found this the second most recent item posted. I did the "buy it now" option and got it for less than 70% retail. It too is in "like new" shape. I certainly wasn't looking for this kind of plane, but I figured it was fate so I snapped it up. (Given what I've seen of LN resale prices, I shouldn't have any trouble getting my money back if I decide to sell it.)

Sooo-it looks like my quiet slide down the well known slope is moving ahead with some nice stuff. I'm working on a bunch of rust buckets I picked up on ebay, and a place to put all the tools. I'll post some more pictures a little later on.

I suppose it's time to start mastering some hand tool skills as well. Here I go..... (imagine sliding noises). Hope everyone had (and is having) a happy holiday season. Cheers,

John Dingman
12-26-2004, 6:30 PM
Sooo-it looks like my quiet slide down the well known slope is moving ahead with some nice stuff.Tony, you are sliding down the slope in class. Congrats on the new tool acquisitions!

Best Wishes,
John

Bruce Page
12-26-2004, 7:23 PM
Tony, it looks like you were pretty good to yourself! It must have been a pretty good year!

Jim Becker
12-26-2004, 7:48 PM
Wel. Ho Ho Ho!!! Very nice assortment of new goodies in your shop. And if you for some reason decide the scraper plane isn't for you...talk to me first. Happy holidays!

Mark Singer
12-26-2004, 8:11 PM
Nice !!!!Very Nice!

John Miliunas
12-26-2004, 8:25 PM
There he goes....Slip-slidin' away! :D Now you gots to be careful the power company don't shut you down, due to lack of revenue from your shop! :eek: Very nice scores!:) :cool:

Tyler Howell
12-27-2004, 3:42 PM
Nice Haul Tony,

Great stuff!