PDA

View Full Version : Melamine/Laminate Tablesaw Blade

Bill Miltner
10-30-2010, 1:55 PM
Can anyone recommend a moderately priced model for a 10" saw?

Van Huskey
10-30-2010, 2:03 PM
Not sure what you think moderate priced is but I have had great luck with the Freud LU98 and LU97, but I am sure there are cheaper, but still good, TCG laminate blades.

Carl Knapp
10-30-2010, 8:13 PM
If you don't have scoring and are looking for the best cut with no blow out, you need to get a Hi/atb. Make sure to use it only on those hi end cuts because they do dull faster than other blades. You will love the results.

If you have scoring on the saw use the triple chip (TCG) for both. In the old days, It was recommended to use an ATB on wood veneers with scoring and the TCG for melamine with scoring.

General saw has a good section on blades
http://www.generalsaw.com/resource/rightblade.html

Conrad Fiore
10-31-2010, 9:01 AM
I am a mechanical engraver by trade and have been for over 40 years. On our 10" table saw we have always used 80 tooth carbide TCG blades for all of or sawing needs. This has always included phenolic laminated sheet (melamine) that we have had no problems getting perfectly clean cuts on both sides with a correctly sharpened blade.

Dave Gaul
11-01-2010, 9:24 AM
Not sure what you think moderate priced is but I have had great luck with the Freud LU98 and LU97, but I am sure there are cheaper, but still good, TCG laminate blades.

+1 On that... I just used the TK version on some formica this weekend and it cut flawlessly!