PDA

View Full Version : Hey Eastern VA folks!

Carole Valentine
12-26-2004, 1:35 PM
How much snow you got? They really blew this one, but the birds knew yesterday morning! We got 8" in my backyard here on the Eastern Shore and it is still faling like crazy.:(

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-26-2004, 2:10 PM
What you'all doing Carole, takin' all our fun?

We haven't gottin' even a flurry since before Thanksgiving. Enjoy it while you can.

Bruce

Carole Valentine
12-26-2004, 2:55 PM
You can have it! We are now at 10" on every solid suface I can put the rule to. It is coming down about 1" per hour right now.

Ted Shrader
12-26-2004, 3:17 PM
Down here in Va Bch it is still coming down 3~4" so far. Will be ugly tomorrow when folks who don't drive well in the snow try to go to work.

Ted

Carole Valentine
12-26-2004, 3:30 PM
Yeah, Ted...they said the closer to the ocean the less snow! Ha!
http://www.esva.net/%7Epchousecalls/snow4_opt.jpg
http://www.esva.net/%7Epchousecalls/berries_opt.jpg

Ted Shrader
12-26-2004, 3:33 PM
Carole -

But you gotta admit, it is beautiful outside. And it will all be gone in a couple of days. :(

Ted

Jackie Outten
12-26-2004, 6:58 PM
Carol,

We got 7 inches here in Gloucester County.

Jackie

Carole Valentine
12-26-2004, 8:41 PM
With a total of 13". In the yard it's about over my knee-high gators. Maybe it will insulate my shop...sort of like an igloo? Have to fire up the torpedo heater tomorrow and see if I can get some play time in!

Ted Calver
12-26-2004, 9:02 PM
Carole,
You beat us, but not by much. It stopped at 12 1/2 inches in Newport News-- nice big Christmas Story flakes. Made it fun to shovel the drive!
Ted

Jerry Clark
12-26-2004, 9:29 PM
I have friends in Duluth Minnesota and it has been below zero day and night for a week-- Love California!:cool:

Kurt Aebi
12-27-2004, 1:52 PM
Okay Carole, hold onto your socks!

In Vermont, we had a whole 2 inches on the ground at the beginning of Christmas week and temperatures a balmy -9° to +10° ( teh temps are usually around 10° - 20° with 6" to a foot of snow). By Christmas eve, the temps were +40° and No Snow to be seen anywhere! Yesterday, it got down into the 20's and started snowing - we now have a whopping 2" on the ground.

When I first moved to VT about 20 years ago, 10" of snow brought about a 2 hour delay for schools. Coming from western PA where schools close with 4", this was a culture shock for me - but they sure do a nice job of clearing the snow around here. They now close the schools pertty early >3" or so now. But th eroad crews still do a good job of clearing the roads. I bet the roads are a complete mess down there and keeping houses warm must be interesting as well, since most of the houses down there just have heat pumps, rather than full blown furnaces.

Good Luck and enjoy the Beauty of the coverage - there's nothing like th elandscape with a fresh layer of snow that hasn't been touched yet! Just dress warmly, so as to not catch yer death of cold!