PDA

View Full Version : business card dice

Shawn Conklin
10-29-2010, 6:08 PM
Wanted to post up a creation we have been working on. I have seen other similar concepts but wanted to share ours. Using matte board we are cutting to business card size a 'puzzle' that when assembled is a 6 sided die.

I have already started playing with other matte board that has a dark core and the results are even better but I had this picture already taken .

We used matte board from the local art shop, 'BoxMaker' java app, and a low Hz setting so the pieces need to be punched out. People seem to like them so far.

-Shawn

http://www.brainstormkingston.com/images/stories/binarycard.jpg

Frank Corker
10-29-2010, 6:18 PM
Nice work Shawn. Give people something to twiddle with.

Dee Gallo
10-29-2010, 6:45 PM
I like it! Lots of possibilities! Thanks for posting, dee

Doug Griffith
10-29-2010, 6:45 PM
I like it. How about putting your logo on one of the sides and have the rest read like a Magic 8-ball.

Edit: Dee, we crossed "I like it" paths!

Greg Bednar
10-29-2010, 7:06 PM
Great idea.

Dee Gallo
10-29-2010, 7:25 PM
I like it. How about putting your logo on one of the sides and have the rest read like a Magic 8-ball.

Edit: Dee, we crossed "I like it" paths!

Great minds think alike?

Ricardo Capelli
10-29-2010, 7:50 PM
Lovely! Can you please tell me what material that is, please be detailed! Thanks.

Shawn Conklin
10-30-2010, 10:21 AM
ricardo, its just matte board. its what they use to frame pictures and other artwork.

The colors are white core and blue surface.

I have been playing with other colors with black cores and some look better.

oh .. .FYI ... the cheap stuff is much better to laser, smell wise. I tried some "acid free" aka "cotton" aka "rag" matte board because they had more color variety. Its more expensive but whatever is in the creation process stinks when vector cut. it airs out after a day but still stinks when done :0(

Here are some color ones.

http://www.brainstormkingston.com/images/stories/colordice.jpg

Liesl Dexheimer
10-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Awesome job! I actually have something similar, it was a foam puzzle called Snafoozz or something like that. Maybe you could try foam too, although I'm not sure how it would raster...