PDA

View Full Version : Scrap/ drops of blk/silver aluminum *FREE*

greg lindsey
10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
OK, it's not much, but I have between 60-100 pcs of JDS Alum344 scrap/cutoffs they are 1"x 8", I've had 1000's of these and had been throwing them out, just checking to see if anyone wants them, before I do it again. Best guess use for them would be trophy plates or whatever. If you want them, let me know they are free and I'll thrown them in a flat rate box and even cover the shipping. I will have more in the comming weeks.

Also have some Romark, 4" circles Blk/white I think the part number is 922-204 or the 922-402 can't remember which. Also free and maybe about 75- 100 of these. BTW some red/white one's also. Don't quote me on counts, but then they are free. Forgot to mention , this is all laserable stuff

James Leonard
10-29-2010, 12:57 PM
HI Greg,

I am buying a laser early next year, I would like to have both items for practice pieces.

I will PM you my details. I would also like to pay for the shipping.

-James Leonard

Martin Boekers
10-29-2010, 1:13 PM
Won't a recycling center take them? Aluminum is going for a pretty good rate;)

Marty

greg lindsey
10-29-2010, 1:58 PM
Marty, yea, i could probably take'em a scrapper, but since they are not clean, they screw ya on the price, plus I figured someone could use them.

They have been spoken for.

Dan Hintz
10-29-2010, 2:18 PM
Greg,

I'd be happy to take some of those off of your hands (I'll even pay for shipping, if you'd like)... they'll make great test strips and give-aways :)

George D Gabert
10-29-2010, 5:27 PM
I would also pay shipping for a sample pack to learn and practice on.

GDG

Dave Gates
10-30-2010, 2:39 PM
Most of the scraps we end up with go to the recycling center. The metal (brass and aluminum mostly) is mostly clean, but still has tape, paint and other stuff on it. Aluminum was around $.60 a pound and the brass was over $1 per pound last time we dropped a load off....ended up with around $400

nancy barry
10-30-2010, 3:12 PM
I too would love to have scraps for practice and give away.. willing to pitch in for postage and happy to wait for the next round of available stuff.

thanks,
nancy B

Jeff Belany
11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I would also be happy to pay the postage for a flat rate box if you have any left. Can do Paypal or send a check.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Peter Odell
11-01-2010, 8:02 PM
I will take some if you have any left I will also pay shipping for it

Larry Allred
11-02-2010, 7:59 PM
Me too. If you have any left. Great opportunity for materials!

greg lindsey
11-03-2010, 3:22 PM
OK, I have been swamped with requests for these samples, I honestly thought no-one - or maybe 1 or 2 would even take them. So all of you that have made a request either by posts or PM, I dont have all that much to go around, so I'm gonna send some to a few of you, I just wanted to make sure that if you offered to pay the shipping that you received enough to at least make it worth it. I will send a PM to those who are getting some of this batch, there will be more. So please dont feel offended if I dont PM you on this batch.

SIDENOTE* maybe I should go into the scrap selling business* ;):D just kidding.

Bruce Dorworth
11-22-2010, 2:21 AM
Greg do you still any scraps left. I will be getting my laser this coming weekend. I can use all the scrap I can get to practice on.

I am sure I will be keeping the board busy with all my questions when i get up and running.

Thanks,
Bruce

Dan Hintz
11-22-2010, 6:07 AM
I posted within 1.5 hours and didn't manage to get in the first batch... I think you may be pretty far down the list, Bruce.

James Leonard
11-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I was the first post and I didn't get any!

I'm guessing he had a lot of PM's before me.

-James Leonard

greg lindsey
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Sorry guys, I havent sent any out yet, I've been swamped with work and was getting a few more scraps out of the deal, so I was waiting till I had a few more so I couild split'em up a little better. Will go out next week when I return from Turkey day festivites. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Dan Hintz
11-22-2010, 12:56 PM
My bad... it seems nothing has gone out yet due to his schedule, but the first boxes will be on their way in a few weeks.

EDIT: Note to self... make sure there are no more posts on the following pages before responding ;)

James Leonard
11-23-2010, 1:50 PM
Hi Greg,

No worries. I just assumed that others had contacted you by PM since I never heard anything.

A free deal is just that. It was a very kind offer and I appreciate the thought. I REALLY understand busy, I am trying to get a piece of software going along with new equipment purchases. Lots of stuff going on

-James Leonard

Tim Neal
11-23-2010, 8:48 PM
Greg - I'll take a box of of your scrap also. A mix of whatever you have at the time is fine. I don't have a problem with paying shipping myself. Just let me know when you get some in again. Very kind of you to do this. Thanks.

Tim