PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly customer service

Greg Roberts
10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Shiraz, please help me get your technical support department to respond.

I bought a G0564 sander a few weeks ago, and it has a problem (I think) with the way the belt is crooked against the platen. I first contacted the technical support by email and sent them pictures, and after a few exchanges I was promised that someone would contact me by phone. I waited a week for that to happen and never got a phone call.

So I called and I was promised that someone would call me. Nobody did, and another week went by.

I got a call from a tech after calling back and complaining, and he said he would look into it for me and get back to me. A couple days go by, and still no call. So I call back, leave a message for him to call me. He reaches me at lunchtime when I'm at home and not at the shop by my machine. He says he'll call me between 3:00 and 4:00 that same day. He doesn't call.

So this week I decide to call and start over with a different tech. Three days ago I talked to him and explained everything again and he says he'll look into it and call me back. Two days go by and I get no phone call. So today I call again and this time I ask to speak with someone in charge. I very nicely told the person that I was not happy with the service I was getting, and I wanted someone who was in charge to call me back. I waited the rest of today without a phone call, which brings me here tonight.

I have received very poor service from Grizzly customer support. I have been promised on at least three occassions that I would receive a call back and didn't receive any. This whole thing has gone on for three weeks now. I've only asked one thing of Grizzly so far. I want to know if the situation I have with my sander is normal or not. It's a simple question, and Grizzly has not responded well at all.

I'm assuming that someone will call me tomorrow, but who knows? This is getting ridiculous.

I have a small vibration with my new Laguna bandsaw that I'm working out with Laguna technical support, and so far their customer service has been much better than Grizzly. Laguna has been responsive, which is much more than I can say for Grizzly.

Greg

Ed Hazel
10-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I own a G0564 it is an oscillating edge sander, The belt oscillates the platen does not. The motor end of the belt moves up and down 3/4" so the belt will be crooked in relationship to the platen or parrallel to the platen depending on where the belt is in relationship to the oscillation cycle.

Mine looks crooked at rest but when you turn it on it will very from crooked to parallel in relationship to the platen as it cycles. The platen is quite a bit wider then the belt to accommodate this oscillation, you may need to adjust your belt up or down so that the belt does not oscillate off the platen.

I am really happy with mine runs nice and smooth.

glenn bradley
10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Laguna has been responsive, which is much more than I can say for Grizzly.

Now there's the exception that makes the rule. I hope whatever is causing this fairly unique experience with Grizzly gets worked out. I hope whatever is causing Laguna to be responsive stays stuck :).

You say "you think" you have an issue with the alignment. Does the sander behave normally while operating? From Ed's description (if your experience is as he describes and not something else) this may be the nature of the way the sander works. I have a vested interest as this sander is on my wish list.

Justin Dreier
10-28-2010, 8:57 PM
Glenn/Greg: I wonder the same as Glenn has asked. Does the tool do the job as expected? That is where I would start with Grizzly. My experience like many with Grizzly is that customer service it top notch. Though my concerns were clear to the customer service group and they responded every day or every other day if researching.

Possibly the group at Grizzly doesn't fully understand the problem or know if there is really a problem. Share a little bit about the function of the unit.

Ron Kellison
10-28-2010, 10:16 PM
While the question of whether the sander is actually operating properly is interesting, it seems to me that the OP is complaining about not getting call-backs from Grizzly rather than asking for advice on how to fix his machine.

Just an observation...

Ron

Kevin Gregoire
10-28-2010, 10:28 PM
i had several problems with my grizzly bandsaw i got and i did email with them and all the problems were solved with two days of emails.
im sorry your having such a problem and it certainly isnt right and i would be angry if all that happened to me and i hope they get it worked out for their sake!
good luck

Greg Roberts
10-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Today I finally got a meaningful response from Grizzly. One of the managers called me and apologized for this going on so long. He doesn't understand how it happened, and neither do I.

I purposely didn't get into the actual problem here in this thread, just the dismal customer service.

But the problem is interesting, so let's talk about it. But probably in another thread, properly titled.

Greg