PDA

View Full Version : Agazzani Band Saw on CL

david blakelock
10-27-2010, 11:05 PM
While watching the Giants beat up my Rangers I was checking out CL and found the following;

Agazzani Band Saw Model # 460, the price is $1250

It looks like it is in good shape, but the ad does not state what year it is. I know this is not much information to go on, but assuming that it is a recent year and in good shape is this a good deal? Anything that I should be wary of or that I should ask (other than what year and condition)?

Thanks,

David

Paul Murphy
10-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I would sure have a look. If it matters to you, make sure it is a single phase motor, or be ready to buy a vfd or converter.

I think this was about $3000 when new, and has 3 HP. Check that it runs smoothly, and that the tires are in good shape.

david blakelock
10-28-2010, 8:29 AM
Paul, thanks for the insight. I have sent the person selling the band saw an email and just heard back. It is a 1999 model and he said that it is in good shape and all it needs is a good cleaning. Sounds like he got it from a shop along with some other equipment so he is not the original owner. Still checking on if it is single or three phase power. Trying to set up a time to go so it. If I could get it for a around $1000 that might be a pretty good deal. From everything that I have read on this on other sites Agazzani's are great band saws. I need to do some more research on them as well.

Thanks,

David