PDA

View Full Version : Gravity Feed Gun Recommendation

Jim Eller
10-27-2010, 1:25 PM
I have an Earlex system but I am looking for something for small quick jobs with easy cleanup using waterborne or lacquer finish.

My compressor is a CH 60 gallon tank, rated at 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI and not rated for continues use.

Looking for something in the non professional price range. I have a HF up the road a piece but not sure about their spray guns. I usually just buy disposables there.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

Matt Meiser
10-27-2010, 1:52 PM
The HF 43430 gun used to get good reviews but they've changed the design and I've not seen any newer reviews. The old one was very obviously the same gun as the Porter Cable PSH1 which I have and like very much.

Since HF has a pretty liberal return policy, you might give one a try.

Steve knight
10-27-2010, 4:35 PM
I have the hvlp husky gun from the borg and if you clean it right away you don't have to take it apart most of the time. for clear and thinner finishes it works fine. it is about 80.00

Rob Cunningham
10-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I have a Qual-Spray QS600 WB from Homestead Finishing that I'm very happy with. It has stainless steel fluid passages which are great for WB finishes. Also, you can get different needle/nozzle sets for spraying a variety of finishes. For the money I think it's a good quality gun.

Jim Eller
10-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Rob,

Did you get the basic unit at $159 or KIT #1 at $219.95? If the kit, how does the mini-regulator work?

Thanks,
Jim