PDA

View Full Version : Ryans Bed

Mark Singer
12-25-2004, 1:46 AM
Here is the design for Ryans bed....

Jamie Buxton
12-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Mark --

That's elegant. However, if you stand a pillow up against the headboard so you can read in bed, won't the pillow try to escape below the rail?

I can't quite make out the corner joinery. Have you considered finger joints at the corners? I really like the contrast between the interlaced face and end grains.

Also, I'd consider some matching wagons which would roll under the bed to convert some of that air space to storage space.

Jamie

Ryan Singer
12-27-2004, 5:25 PM
Hmm... well, I don't really have alot of stuff. I am not a collector of anything really.. just music... filling empty space with sound

right now I am listening to Van Morrison :D

Jim Becker
12-27-2004, 6:09 PM
The advantage of using the bed as-designed is that a Roomba robotic vacuum cleaner will have no obstacles to getting the "Dust Bunnies" under it!!! (Wonderful device...)

Mark Singer
12-27-2004, 6:46 PM
Jim,

I heard it sucks!:D

The advantage of using the bed as-designed is that a Roomba robotic vacuum cleaner will have no obstacles to getting the "Dust Bunnies" under it!!! (Wonderful device...)

Jim Becker
12-27-2004, 9:09 PM
I heard it sucks!
Actually, it doesn't. Its design (to make this appropriate for the forum :D ) is that of a "sweeper" rather than a vacuum...I made the mistake of using that latter term in my previous post and the advertising copy also tends to do that, too. It's wonderful for keeping incidental dirt at bay, including pet hair, birdseed (!), dust bunnies and just about anything else that gets tracked around, and works well on both hard floors and carpet. It doesn't deep clean like a vacuum, but it is wonderful for frequent upkeep and getting into places that are a pain to clean...like under the bed. It even works wonderfully on our brick floor in the kitchen which is a royal PITA to deal with using other cleaning tools.

Ryan Singer
12-27-2004, 10:15 PM
you guys are talking about vacumms? hmm.. maybe we should start a design forum about things that suck

Dan Mages
12-27-2004, 10:47 PM
That is a nice looking bed! It looks like it will be very sturdy durning those "special" moments.

Ryan Singer
12-27-2004, 11:55 PM
It's definately an issue... trust me, it's one thing my dad and I were discussing ;)

Dan Racette
01-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Are you going to post a .dxf for that super fabulous design?

very feng shui!