PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done business with Alsalasers?

David H. Mitchell
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
:rolleyes: This company is suppose to be in El Paso, TX. I ordered a laser tube from them. It arrived broken, via USPS express mail, and it was insured. However, he filed the claim in my name, and the Post Office issued the check to him. I have tried numerous times to contact him via email, to no avail. Just wondering about their integrity.

Thanks,
Dave Mitchell

greg lindsey
10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
David, ck your PM

Ross Moshinsky
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
If you paid with a credit card (which you should do on all internet transactions) then just do a charge back. You'll have your money back in less than a week if you're in the right.

David H. Mitchell
10-27-2010, 2:58 PM
Paid through PayPal, he sent them a copy of the claim and they said the transaction was complete.

Dave

Ross Moshinsky
10-27-2010, 4:16 PM
When you pay through PayPal, the payment is processed one of 3 ways.

1) PayPal "bucks". Basically if you sold anything and received money through PayPal, this is PayPal bucks.

2) Payment directly from a bank account.

3) Payment from a credit card.

In options #1 & #2, you basically have to deal with Paypal's dispute group to get your money back. Results are typically not great, but it's worth a shot. If you pay through your credit card, don't even bother filing a dispute through PayPal and call up your credit card company directly. They will take care of everything for you.

Kim Vellore
10-27-2010, 6:07 PM
When you pay through PayPal, the payment is processed one of 3 ways.

1) PayPal "bucks". Basically if you sold anything and received money through PayPal, this is PayPal bucks.

2) Payment directly from a bank account.

3) Payment from a credit card.

In options #1 & #2, you basically have to deal with Paypal's dispute group to get your money back. Results are typically not great, but it's worth a shot. If you pay through your credit card, don't even bother filing a dispute through PayPal and call up your credit card company directly. They will take care of everything for you.

Paypal is quite notorious about that, they usually block your account if you use a credit card and do a charge back. I guess your best bet is to try to contact him by other means and try to work it out, his ebay account looks decent and you have the creek here to inform so he has much more to loose. Looks like he works from Mexico and has some local support in Texas.

Kim

Ross Moshinsky
10-27-2010, 6:28 PM
Paypal won't block your account. They want your business because they make money off you. If they block your account, they won't make money. Even if they do decide to block your account, make a new one. It only takes 10 minutes.

Like I said, if the company isn't refunding your money, call your credit card company and have them do a charge back. You'll have your money back in a week.

greg lindsey
10-27-2010, 6:54 PM
David, I did the search, and came back with: the company is listed out of Juarez MX, the website you gave me is gone. it too was listed out of MX, I could not locate the man by the name you gave me. At this point I would contact the CC company and give them whatever info you have. I'll let you know if more info pops up.

Steve Clarkson
10-28-2010, 12:26 AM
This sounds like a great scam idea......I take a broken laser tube out of the trash and sell it to some guy for $1,000........then when it arrives broken, I file a claim with USPS and get ANOTHER $1,000. I need to give up the laser and become a scammer.......

Scott Shepherd
10-28-2010, 8:36 AM
Contact your post master, that's a nasty offense and they'll take it serious.

David H. Mitchell
10-28-2010, 4:58 PM
Greg, I may have given you the wrong site.
It is Alsalaser.mex.tl it list a phone number in the US, however you get a recording. He is actually in Juarez not El Paso, as his ebay items say.

Thanks,
Dave

David H. Mitchell
11-03-2010, 1:07 PM
CREDIT CARD COMPANY CHARGED BACK PAYPAL, WE WILL SEE.

Dave

David H. Mitchell
11-11-2010, 2:06 PM
After PayPal got the charge-back, they decided to investigate, which they should have done in the beginning.
They gave the seller 10 days to respond, this is day 8, no response.
It looks like, he will get a charge-back.

Dave

James Leonard
11-11-2010, 6:56 PM
Hi,

Was this tube for your BrightStar laser? Can you tell me why you didn't buy a new tube from them? I am in the process of buying a BrightStar laser so it's not just curiosity.

-James

David H. Mitchell
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I got what I thought was a great price, 350.00 + free shipping. I was just buying it for a spare, mine is still working great, after 3 years.
The only reason was on price. When I need one, I will call Jim @ Brightstar. He has them on the shelf, as well as any part you might need. Sometime we get caught up in price. Ironic, does not run true to my by-line. I think I should stop and read it again.

Dave