PDA

View Full Version : Question about Air

Byron Trantham
12-24-2004, 8:43 PM
Ok, I got a new Flexeel air hose for Christmas. Looks like I ordered the wrong one - maybe. It's a 1/4" hose. All my other hoses are 3/8". For air tools I am sure this isn't an issue. However, I use an HVLP conversion gun and I don't know if the performance will be degraded using a smaller diameter hose. Diameter means a lot in dust collection how about air supply hoses? :(

Glenn Clabo
12-24-2004, 9:14 PM
Same theory Byron. Length of hose and inside diameter of hose means almost everything. You may get by if it's less than 25 ft...but it depends on the HVLP gun demands.

Jim Becker
12-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Byron, I use the 1/4" hose with no problem on my pneumatic nailers and my HVLP gun. The only one that I might miss the larger hose is the framing gun. But I also don't use more than about 50' ever and that's only temporary until I get proper pipe in the shop for distribution.

Byron Trantham
12-25-2004, 8:47 AM
Jim,
The framing nailer comsumes more air than an HVLP? :eek:

I think I am going to keep the hose and see how it works with the HVLP.

Merry Christmas

Bob Reeve
12-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Byron,

I work for and sell a lot of Flexeel. We sell over 70% of the hose in 1/4". I use it with a roofing nailer, and a framing nailer. I have never starved a tool for air. Use it and you will love it. 1/3 rd the weight of rubber.

Bob

Byron Trantham
12-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks Bob. I have a 25' 3/8" and love it. That's why I asked for a 50' for Christmas. I ordered the 1/4" "by mistake". :mad: I am going to try it anyway. :)

Fred Voorhees
12-25-2004, 6:24 PM
Byron,

I work for and sell a lot of Flexeel. ........ Use it and you will love it. 1/3 rd the weight of rubber.

Bob

Not to hijack a thread, but Bob, I have to tell you - I have been using the Flexeel 3/8" hose for about two years in my wood shop and love it. Just wanted to pass that along.