PDA

View Full Version : Some doors I built

Harlan Barnhart
10-26-2010, 8:36 PM
I used some hand tools :). The real reason I am posting this here is for the hardware which was custom made for this project by a contact from here on the Creek. I won't post his name until I have express permission but I think he does awesome work.

Behind these rather massive doors are a fridge and freezer. The door frames are white oak, nearly 2" thick. The tongue and groove paneling is 3/4" white oak. I roughed the surface with cambered plane and a wire brush on a side grinder. The finish is BLO.

Mark Wyatt
10-26-2010, 9:37 PM
That is a great look. I like the hardware and the woodworking.

Patrick Tipton
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Nice job! Those are some good looking doors. I agree on the hardware as well, nice work.

Regards, Patrick

Jonathan McCullough
10-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Neat. I was at Gillette Castle a couple of weeks ago, which had a similar arts-and-crafts feel, and the woodwork had a "flint knapped" effect on all the surfaces, and I mean all the surfaces. The in-house craftsmen created it with the use of thousands of tidy, clean little chips using extremely sharp gouges.

Terry Beadle
10-27-2010, 1:20 PM
There must be some fantastic wine behind those doors !

Great job. You can't buy that kind of quality any where !

Thanks for posting!

Jeff Wittrock
10-27-2010, 7:01 PM
Now those are some cool looking doors. That hardware is beautiful.

Ron Williams
10-28-2010, 8:29 PM
Great Job. Would like to know who did the Hardware

Dan Andrews
10-30-2010, 5:53 AM
I wouldn't mind having them for the front doors on my castle. Very very nice woodwork and hardware.

Jeremy Knippel
11-29-2010, 7:54 PM
Harlan - You did a wonderfull job on the doors!!!! - I'm Glad I could help you with the door hardware. :) I wish I had those doors in my house, course then I'd have to make more hardware LOL. Again - Nice Job Harlan. - Jeremy

David Gendron
11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Jeremy, I think you will be a busy man... Just my guess!!

Johnny Kleso
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I am guessing to keep the fridge full of beer or other valuable items :)

Looks great........

Harlan Barnhart
11-30-2010, 7:25 PM
The smith who made this hardware is Jeremy Knippel. I highly recommend his work. Shoot him a PM if you need something made.

-Harlan B

george wilson
11-30-2010, 7:34 PM
Looks like a man's house really IS his castle!!

harry strasil
12-01-2010, 12:28 PM
FWIW, Harlan contacted me for a refrence to someone who was capable of doing a nice job of making the hardware to match some existing hardware in the customers house. And Jeremy being a personal friend and who I know does excellent work and whom I would trust to do something for me was recommended after I contacted him to see if he wanted to tackle the project.

Nice Job Jeremy, you did an excellent job, I only wish I could do that quality of work. My speciallty was repairing damaged or broken machinery and my patience for time consuming detailed patinaing is rather short.

Jr.

Dave Lewis
12-01-2010, 9:59 PM
Verry nice doors and hardware too.