PDA

View Full Version : At the risk of repeating myself......

Kent A Bathurst
10-26-2010, 2:30 PM
http://www.donauschwaben-usa.org/msu_flag.gif

It's for all the marbles in Iowa City this Saturday.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-26-2010, 2:44 PM
165555.........at least one.......

Ray Bell
10-26-2010, 2:55 PM

And we get to watch them play tonight!

Kent A Bathurst
10-26-2010, 3:37 PM
........at least one.......

Was actually referring to the Big Ten-Eleven-Twelve.

My apologies - I did not in anyway mean to sound dismissive of the vaunted Broncos and their cute field and the hellacious competition they face in the Who? Athletic Conference.

I stand corrected.

heh.........heh........heh.......:p

Garrett Ellis
10-26-2010, 3:47 PM
http://sportsnickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/SEC_new_logo.png

Bob Turkovich
10-26-2010, 4:54 PM
Open letter to my fellow Creekers:

Welcome to my world.....

Don't worry. Like the cicada they're only temporarily annoying. They only come into prominence in football once every 22 years and then go back into hibernation.:p

Kent A Bathurst
10-26-2010, 6:26 PM
........every 22 years.........

I'll acknowledge that there is a small kernel of a legitimate point in what you say, Bob, and you said it in a very clever way.

I don't really know if we have the next Biggie / Duffy at State - but I have serious doubts whether you have the next Fielding / Bo in Ann Arbor. I sit there wondering what would be happening if one of Bo's descendants had Mallet in there - bet you do too, from time to time.

At least, both of us get to enjoy beating up on the Irish - although the thrill is losing its luster a bit.

See 'ya at our house next year, eh?

Ken Fitzgerald
10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Kent...pray tell...were you referring to the #5 ranked Spartans..........?

Kent A Bathurst
10-27-2010, 6:20 AM
Kent...pray tell...were you referring to the #5 ranked Spartans..........?

touche.

Brian Vaughn
10-27-2010, 8:21 AM
If I may interject.....

http://www.auburn.edu/academic/classes/rtvf/2800spring/brantjo/assignments/Class_website/images/auburn.jpg

Ken Fitzgerald
10-27-2010, 9:35 AM
If I may interject.....

http://www.auburn.edu/academic/classes/rtvf/2800spring/brantjo/assignments/Class_website/images/auburn.jpg

Yes,

And those of us in Idaho want to thank this team and all the others for taking that Number One spot. It's been a kiss of death for everyone who has occupied it. THANK YOU!

Kent A Bathurst
10-27-2010, 10:25 AM
If I may interject.....

Brian - my showdown is this Saturday - which is what I meant on my original post, but said inelegantly. YOUR showdown is Nov 26. We both gotta win so that the insane BCS system will once again have some incomprehensible reason to ignore the second-tier ankle-biters [ :D ] and you and I will meet up in Glendale. [FWIW - I always root against Saban since he left East Lansing. - insert "jerk" smilie here]

And: Ken F - Sir - I thought the past 2 years the Broncos got jobbed, if that is any consolation. However, in the interest of full disclosure, if my Spartans run the table, I will be rooting for the Broncos to get jobbed once again. I've got a dog in the fight this year - so far, at least. It's called "situational ethics". As in - my ethics are out the window in this particular situation - but I'm honest about it :p so I keep some of my ethics intact.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Kent.....since Idaho has team in this fight I'm glad you recognize you have a "dog" in this fight.

I would buy the " who do they play" song and dance and excuse thing except based on recent bowl history when BSU played some fairly well ranked teams....after the game, the same team who was crying "Who do they play?" before the game was slapping their foreheads asking "Who was that?" after the game....

Seriously I am not a Boise State Fan. But I sure enjoy college football!

Brian Tymchak
10-27-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.donauschwaben-usa.org/msu_flag.gif

It's for all the marbles in Iowa City this Saturday.

Good Luck!! and Welcome back to the Big Ten. With the demise of your cousin in Ann Arbor, it's nice to have some other competition... Too bad we dont' get to play you guys this year. I figure we would end up co-champs ... ;)

Joe Buckeye...

Horton Brasses
10-27-2010, 12:57 PM

Unique in the sporting world. All they do is win, yet they get no chance to advance. Where else in sports, or anywhere really, can you do everything right and never get the chance to move up. Even prisoners earn parole for crying out loud. I don't know if they can beat Auburn, Alabama, or Oregon right now but I do know they deserve the chance.

You might argue they should go to the PAC-10 or a big conference. OK, sure. No conference wants them. No TV revenue in Boise and none of the big boys wants to play them every year.

-Orion

Ken Fitzgerald
10-30-2010, 4:29 PM
Paging Mr. Bathurst.......Paging Mr. Bathurst......

The 1st quarter is almost over.......

John Pratt
10-31-2010, 5:43 PM
Fight, Fight, Fight for Iowa
Let every loyal Iowan sing
The word is
Fight, Fight, Fight for Iowa
Until the wall and Rafters ring
We're gonna Cheer, Cheer, Cheer for Iowa
We're gonna Cheer until we hear the final gun
The word is Fight, Fight, Fight for Iowa
Until the GAME IS WON!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-31-2010, 5:46 PM
John,

You will notice that I didn't post after the 1st quarter. I was trying to be civil about it...:rolleyes:

Kent A Bathurst
10-31-2010, 7:07 PM
Sorry there, guys........."forgot" to revist this thread. Copied from a post I made in Gen WW:

Yeah, Well - Ken, Sir...

Again, I'm with you fellers. Fake field goal [on a play called "Little Giants"] to beat the hated Irish in OT. Excellent - I was glad to see a team in Spartan Stadium that came to win, not to tie. [Ouch!! 44-yr-old grudge ;)]

Fake punt [on a play called "Mousetrap"] to keep the drive alive against Northwestern and come back from 0-17 at the half. Great.

Then - a top Spartan defensive player is released from jail, on Thursday morning, after an 8-day bit for parole violation, immediately joins the tem for practice, and he PLAYS AT IOWA ON SATURDAY???

What was that play called? "Jailbreak"??? "Plead Down and Play"??? "No Ethics at 8-0"???

I'll be a Spartans fan again in a few days, but I am beyond embarrassed. Humiliated. Angry. Disgusted. Mortified. At my own team. What are we - Jimmy Johnson/Dennis Erickson/Hurricanes/Thugs-R-Us??? And the Hawks ran up about a half-hundred before halftime. Good for them. They came to play. The Spartans did not.

John Pratt
11-01-2010, 9:40 AM
John,

You will notice that I didn't post after the 1st quarter. I was trying to be civil about it...:rolleyes:

You're not begrudging me a little pride as an alum are you?:confused:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-01-2010, 9:47 AM
John,

I won't begrudge you anything as long as you promise not sing that song again.:rolleyes::D