PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic tile engraving?

greg lindsey
10-26-2010, 1:35 AM
I have a customer who wants me to engrave about 200 pcs of ceramic tile, various colors and a few different sizes. The question is...Is it better to engrave and backfill or use Cermark for this type of job. The majority of the tiles will be simple text and possibly some with photos. If backfilling, would you suggest masking or a rub-buff application. If using Cermark, what method of applying the coating would you suggest, spraying or brushing? Thank you in advance for any help.

Dan Hintz
10-26-2010, 6:35 AM
If you go the Cermark route, spraying will always give you a more consistent layer than brushing (and for 200 tiles, I would demand consistency).

We need to know more about the application... what will the tiles be used for? Inside or outside?

greg lindsey
10-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks Dan, the tile will be used indoors, it's for a fundraiser for a private school.

Dee Gallo
10-26-2010, 1:30 PM
Greg, there's no question that spraying Cermark will give you the best coverage, most even application and faster application time. Several superlight coats in different directions are better than one coverall coat. I would not stack the dry ones, as there is a chance of scratching.

:) dee