PDA

View Full Version : First Hollow form

Jim Burr
10-25-2010, 8:46 PM
I saw several gloats of "Mini Monster's received!!" and didn't want to steal anyone's thunder. But mine showed up too! (Thanks Randy!!!!!) so I gave a whirl at a Potpourri pot given they are all the rage this time of year. Gum wood 4x3 with 4 coats of rattle can lacquer. Had I thought of it, I think AO would have been a better choice...RCL seems to be a little peely. Anyway...C&C invited and used!!!

Robert McGowen
10-25-2010, 8:50 PM
Very nice, Jim. You did well with the Monster on your first hollow form!

John Keeton
10-25-2010, 8:57 PM
Jim, very nice work!! I am curious - noticed the bowl of cereal - surely, you didn't have to eat your Cheerios before doing that hollowing?!?!?:D:D

So, what do you think of the Monster?

Michael James
10-25-2010, 9:13 PM
Hey Jim, fancy seeing you in a woodturning hangout! I stash MnM's in my potpourri's, but put em out of reach!:cool:
mj

David E Keller
10-25-2010, 9:29 PM
Jim, very nice work!! I am curious - noticed the bowl of cereal - surely, you didn't have to eat your Cheerios before doing that hollowing?!?!?:D:D

Actually, I think he made his kid stop eating breakfast to hold his monster for the photo shoot!:D

Congrats on the new toy and a nicely turned piece.

Bernie Weishapl
10-25-2010, 9:32 PM
Really nice looking pot. Well done for a first with the new monster.

Jim Burr
10-25-2010, 9:35 PM

So, what do you think of the Monster?

I did sir...turning takes a lot of energy! Honestly, Mr. Keller hit it on the head. Lucky for me, the Lucky Charms were spared much damage in the making of that photo:D I need a few more months on the Monster and lots of sawdust to be proficient, but I'm ready for the challenge!;)

Dennis Ford
10-26-2010, 9:38 AM
You did a good job with some very nice wood.

Steve Vaughan
10-26-2010, 9:48 AM
That's funny! Saw the mailman coming and knew what it was, dropped breakfast and forgot all about it to get the new tool together! Great job on the bowl, and beautiful grain there. I've got some gum, but no grain quite like that.

Josh Bowman
10-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Jim, that looks great, look forward to seeing more.

Steve Schlumpf
10-26-2010, 3:14 PM
Jim - congrats on your new Monster hollowing system and your 1st hollow form! It gets easier and funner the more you do!

Looking forward to seeing some hollow forms real soon!