PDA

View Full Version : Convert laced shoes to velcro?

Stephen Tashiro
10-25-2010, 6:07 PM
Is there a simple attachment that would convert laced work shoes to use a velcro fastener?

Eric DeSilva
10-25-2010, 6:21 PM
Is there a simple attachment that would convert laced work shoes to use a velcro fastener?

Not that I know of, but if you are just going for speed/ease of use, google "speed laces." Basically, little bungee cord aftermarket lace replacements. My wife uses them on her running shoes and likes them.

Stephen Tashiro
10-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I'll look at speed laces. Yes, I'm going for speed and ease of use. Every time I put on my work shoes to do something I realize that I need to go shopping to get something required to do the work.

Jim Rimmer
10-26-2010, 2:11 PM
Couldn't you buy the two pieces and glue them on to the shoes? Hook one side where the laces go and loop on the other side. Don't know what it would look like but seems easy enouogh.

ray hampton
10-26-2010, 2:55 PM
if your shoes are not high-top then you can tied them loosed enough to slip on or off---the stretch cord will not stay tied for very long

Steven DeMars
10-26-2010, 2:58 PM
Why not just wear your work shoes?

Steve:)

I'll look at speed laces. Yes, I'm going for speed and ease of use. Every time I put on my work shoes to do something I realize that I need to go shopping to get something required to do the work.

Stephen Tashiro
10-26-2010, 9:11 PM
Why not just wear your work shoes?

Steve:)

If I have to go to the hardware store, I usually want to go to some other stores when I make the trip.

My work shoes are black, but covered with white paint. My work clothes are raggedy and covered with paint. Once, I was going to help a friend with laying a water line and we went to a local hardware store to rent a trenching machine. He went to the counter to rent the machine and I sat on garden bench that was on display in the store and waited. I was wearing my work clothes. A concerned employee came up to me and said "Do you need guidance?".

Bill Cunningham
10-26-2010, 9:36 PM
Ahhh WalMart and cheap Chinese velcro closed running shoes.. 10 bucks in Canada, probably 8.95 in the U.S.
I don't know what I would do without them.. The older you get, the further it is, and the more groans you make, just to bend over and put your shoes on..

Lee Schierer
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
They make a lace in zipper for work boots. http://yourcornerstore.com/bmz_cache/e/e43de36eff2076ed6727c80f56ba353b.image.550x550.jpg