PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a list of people to do some laser etching for me?

Doug W Swanson
10-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Hey all,

I'm not exactly sure where to pose this question but here goes:

I am going to make a flag case and was thinking about having some etching done on the sides. I want to have a fish on one side and a deer on the other. Both images would be about 4" x 4".

Where can I find a list of people that do this so I can get a few quotes?

Thanks!

Mike Null
10-25-2010, 6:19 AM
Doug

Check the FOTC list. The red button at the top of the page.

Ross Moshinsky
10-25-2010, 9:14 AM
Remember, doing the sides may be quite difficult. Most laser tables can fit maybe 6-8". Turned on side, a flag case is probably taller than that.

If you're building it yourself, you'll probably have to have the sides engraved first and then assembled. If you follow this process you'll have to plan ahead for the finishing portion as to get the proper contrast.

James Jaragosky
10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Remember, doing the sides may be quite difficult. Most laser tables can fit maybe 6-8". Turned on side, a flag case is probably taller than that.

If you're building it yourself, you'll probably have to have the sides engraved first and then assembled. If you follow this process you'll have to plan ahead for the finishing portion as to get the proper contrast.
Some tables are much deeper. I believe my machine has 16' of depth,however I have never used it all.

Curt Heggemeyer
10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
My laser goes 18 inches deep and I have used most all of it for odd shaped jobs. Must be a chinese laser thing :) sorry couldnt resist...

Levi Chanowitz
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
my Chinese laser goes 18" deep

Dan Hintz
10-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Some tables are much deeper. I believe my machine has 16' of depth,however I have never used it all.
Holy schmoly, Jim... 16 feet? You have your laser sitting above an empty Olympic pool or something? :p

Lee DeRaud
10-25-2010, 4:54 PM
my Chinese laser goes 18" deepIf the case is for a burial flag, that might work: interior dimensions of that case will be about 15.5"x15.5"x22", so the exterior is at least 17" on the short sides.

Doug W Swanson
10-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey all,
Thanks for the info. I never really looked at the FOTC page before. Hopefully I can find someone close to me that can do this....

Thanks again!