PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox

Peter Stahl
10-24-2010, 5:57 PM
Anyone have a Slingbox? Which one do you have? Can more than one PC/Mac watch at the same time? How do you like it?

Joe Pelonio
10-24-2010, 6:24 PM
My daughter's solo is about 3 years old, she used it to watch TV when living in Italy. With the software installed on two computers still only one can watch because it only allows one user ID. It actually provides control of the cable box by remote computer, so someone watching at home will see the channel change before their eyes when the person on the PC changes it. We got an additional cable box for her so it wouldn't interfere with our watching. It always worked great except if someone forgot and turned off the cable box!

Bryan Morgan
10-24-2010, 9:07 PM
Anyone have a Slingbox? Which one do you have? Can more than one PC/Mac watch at the same time? How do you like it?

I have an older one I scored off of woot.com for around 50 bucks. The "AV" model I think it is called. I've only tried 2 connections at once and it worked ok, though there is only one video feed. Works great on mobile devices too.

Peter Stahl
10-25-2010, 8:28 AM
My daughter's solo is about 3 years old, she used it to watch TV when living in Italy. With the software installed on two computers still only one can watch because it only allows one user ID. It actually provides control of the cable box by remote computer, so someone watching at home will see the channel change before their eyes when the person on the PC changes it. We got an additional cable box for her so it wouldn't interfere with our watching. It always worked great except if someone forgot and turned off the cable box!

Joe,

I figured there was only one user ID but can more than one person log in at the same time and watch it.

Peter Stahl
10-25-2010, 8:33 AM
I have an older one I scored off of woot.com for around 50 bucks. The "AV" model I think it is called. I've only tried 2 connections at once and it worked ok, though there is only one video feed. Works great on mobile devices too.

Bryan, My son has a friend that used it when he was in Amsterdam but he was the only person using it. Was it recently that 2 connections were used?

Bryan Morgan
10-26-2010, 1:05 AM
Bryan, My son has a friend that used it when he was in Amsterdam but he was the only person using it. Was it recently that 2 connections were used?

I'm supposed to tell you that this is impossible and against the Slingbox TOS ;)

Joe Pelonio
10-26-2010, 7:58 AM
Joe,

I figured there was only one user ID but can more than one person log in at the same time and watch it.
Not on hers, we tried it and got a message that we were already logged on.

Peter Stahl
10-26-2010, 9:57 AM
Not on hers, we tried it and got a message that we were already logged on.
Thanks Joe, that's what I thought would happen.

Joel Goodman
10-28-2010, 6:53 PM

I have one unopened that I was given. If you are interested PM me.