PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 45 parts......

David H Parker
10-24-2010, 4:21 PM
I've just purchased a Powermatic 45 lathe, single phase. It's in pretty good shape but missing the banjo assembly and tool rest :(. Does anyone know where I might find such a beast?

Over the past week I've been checking the famous auction site, and have struck out. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

David

David DeCristoforo
10-24-2010, 4:43 PM
You might check on owwm.com. Never know what you might stumble across there...

Ron Lynch
10-24-2010, 11:15 PM
If you don't mind spending large dollars, Oneway sells their banjos and tool rests as separate items and they do make a banjo for their 12" lathe that will fit a Powermatic 45.

David Woodruff
10-25-2010, 8:44 PM
Ditto what Ron said and the Oneway parts won't break. More expensive, better deal in the long runand do not paint over the Olde English White powder coating. Give Mustard a new color. Why PM chose that color is an enigma.

David E Keller
10-25-2010, 9:35 PM
You can always check with Powermatic or call Sean at toolnut... I'd probably call Sean first... No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

David H Parker
10-26-2010, 2:20 PM
Thank you all for the replies. I have posted on OWWM, keep checking the big auction site and have just spoken to Sean at tool nut. Sean is checking with Powermatic as I type this. I had one person who sells reconditioned ones for 250.00. That's just out of my price range. I think Oneway's would be more than that. So back to the drawing board.....

Thanks again,
David