PDA

View Full Version : Picture Police Be Advised

Boyd Gathwright
12-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Picture Police Be Advised

.... This is a notice to the “Pic Police Of SMC” that as of this day, Thursday December 23, 2004 I upgraded the memory in my camera from 256MB to 512MB for a total of three hundred and twenty nine pictures, pulse 32MB of on board internal memory or twenty one pictures for a grand total of 544MB or three hundred sixty pictures. That sounds like a lot of memory and a lot of pictures to me, but one day I used up all the available memory before the upgrade, I went around the property checking the condition of fence posts and used it up. So, I asked Santa Claus for some additional memory and he showed up early, something about making adjustments to the sled that he was going to stop by anyhow etc. Below are fresh pics of the; front, back, and size of this memory chip and pay attention to the little switch on the side of the chip which is the “LOCK” if you so chose to use it. I guess if you can afford several of these critters you can throw the lock on so you don't delete an already full chip. Never in my wildest dreams of just a few years ago did I ever think that I would be putting over a half a gigabyte into a pocket camera, no less. Times change, and only God knows what I will be doing next week !!

Merry Christmas ;)

Boyd

.... Ref to camera: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14125&page=1&pp=15 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14125&page=1&pp=15)

Glenn Clabo
12-24-2004, 11:21 AM
What's even more amazing is they now sell 1 GIG SD's for ~$70.00! We use CompactFlash cards for our cameras and 1GIG is amazingly cheap ~$80.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Way to go Boyd! Tyler will appreciate your Christmas present! :D

Karl Laustrup
12-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Now if I could just figure a way to plug that thingy into my head, maybe I could remember a little bit more. :D

Karl

Michael Perata
12-24-2004, 2:39 PM
Boyd

Back in '68 I worked for IBM repairing their mainframes. I had to do an EC to upgrade a small CPU (4' x 6' x 8') from 8"K" of core storage to 16"K" of storage.

The unit weighed about 33# and I managed to drop it on my foot and break two toes.

Now, you can buy 1"Gb" of RAM fully encapsulated the size of a postage stamp.