PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Macbook Pro

Peter Stahl
10-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Anyone buy a refurbished or pre-owned Macbook Pro? If so how has it been working? Would you go that route again? Which one did you get and do thing you should have gone bigger?

Brian Elfert
10-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Not a Macbook, but I have bought computers that are refurbished. All of them have worked just fine. The computer I am typing on was a refurb in 2005 and I saved over 1/3 over new.

Always buy factory refurbished. Most other refurbished computers are simply used computers that have been cleaned and tested. A factory refurb is usually a new or nearly new computer that was DOA or failed shortly after purchase. They often look like new, have factory warranty, and have the original manual, software, and accessories. Keyboards and mice are usually new except on laptops.

A factory refurb almost always gets extra testing before being sent out as they don't want that computer back again.

Phil Thien
10-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I own a MB and MBP that were both purchased refurbished from Apple's site.

I wouldn't buy a refurbished Apple from anyone but Apple, though, as the term "refurbished" means many things to many people.

Joe De Medeiros
10-23-2010, 1:07 PM
I own a MB and MBP that were both purchased refurbished from Apple's site.

I wouldn't buy a refurbished Apple from anyone but Apple, though, as the term "refurbished" means many things to many people.

I agree, my last 2 laptops were from the apple refurb section. 17" and 13" mac book pro. Plus you always have the option to add apple care for up to 1 year after purchase.

Peter Stahl
10-24-2010, 2:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. My son needed a laptop sooner than I thought so we picked up a Macbook Pro new. Would still like to hear the good, bad & ugly stories people have from buying refurbished. My next laptop may be a Mac as both kids have one now.

Graham Wintersgill
10-24-2010, 3:03 PM
I have bough 4 products from the Apple refurb store and had no problems with any of them. It is worth visiting that section of the web store often as the offerings change frequently.

Regards