PDA

View Full Version : tool and supply expo

Mike Evertsen
04-08-2003, 9:44 AM
I was reading in woodshop news about a tool and supply expo at the Otter center in Arthur IL. did any one go to last years show? is it better the woodworking show?

Jim Baker
04-08-2003, 1:55 PM
Mike,
I live close to Arthur, Illinois. I would imagine that the event you are referring to is at the Otto Center, which I believe is just South of townon the blacktop. I have not heard about a tool and supply expo there, but that does not mean there isn't one. If you send me whatever information you have, I could find out more about it for you.

Arthur is the center of an Amish community with tons of cabinet shops and wood furniture manufacturers and retailers. I buy most of my plywoods, hardware, and Jet and Bosch Power tools there at a place called Arthur Distributing.

With all of that woodworking industry around Arthur, it would not surprise me to find out that there is a show there, but I have not heard of it.

Jim Baker
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Mike,

I have information coming to me about this Expo both from the Arthur Area visitors center and from Arthur Distributors. I will forward it to you when I get it.

For anyone who may have the opportunity to visit the Arthur area, I would recommend it. It is a neat area with lots to see.