PDA

View Full Version : Delta 46-542-P?

John W. Rollo
10-21-2010, 7:54 PM
Anyone familiar with this unit? I just bought it for 300.00 with a delta duplicator, in shiny like new condition..
Kinda makes my 1460 seem pretty wobbly.
Any input would be super..thanks!:)

John W. Rollo
10-25-2010, 11:40 PM
:( really just wanted to hear what others thought about this machine.
I wish I could figure out how to delete posts.
I would.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-26-2010, 12:55 AM
John,

If anybody was familiar with the lathe, I'm sure they would comment. Don't be upset.

As I'm unfamiliar with that model, I can't comment.

Congratulations on the new lathe. May it serve you well!

Keith Westfall
10-26-2010, 2:06 AM
Bottom line is: If it works well for you, not too important what others think...

John W. Rollo
10-26-2010, 7:16 PM
Thanks everyone, I apologize for being so salty, I guess some of this task that pays for toys has flavored my mood from time to time, I am really actually thankful for all of your time, and replies even if they are I don't know's or plain old good advice, like who cares what others think, etc,
as I said thanks very much just the same.:o

Jeff Nicol
10-26-2010, 8:52 PM
John, I did some research and found a little bit about the lathe. It looks like a well built unit and I think the reeves drive on it, is one of the better ones out there. The copying part is a good thing if you are going to do table legs and repeated spindles. I did find one that was in pretty great shape at a machine refurbishing and resale company that was listed for $950.00 so if you only paid $300 for yours I believe you made a great purchase. Now it will be up to you to do a good comprehensive test and review of it for us. You will now become the goto guy for the 46-452.

There are tons of lathes out there that many of us have never seen so we all are in the blind sometimes.

Keep the faith,

Jeff