PDA

View Full Version : Router Table for Bosch Colt?

Steve Friedman
10-21-2010, 6:20 PM
This may be a stupid question, but are there small router table setups made for the Bosch Colt? I know it doesn't have the power of the larger routers, but I wanted to be able to do some template routing and am having trouble keeping the router on line. Thought it might be eaiser if I was moving the wood instead of the router.

Thanks,

Steve

Bruce Wrenn
10-21-2010, 8:23 PM
ShopNotes (issue #90, Nov-Dec 2006) built a router table for a Ridgid router, which is about the same size as the Colt. Their table featured both horizontal, and vertical mounting of the router. Neat little table, and on my LOOOOOOOOOONG to make list.

Conrad Fiore
10-22-2010, 8:11 AM
Steve,
For pattern routing and no fence required, you could probably make it out of an old milk crate and a piece of MDF.

Steve Friedman
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Steve,
For pattern routing and no fence required, you could probably make it out of an old milk crate and a piece of MDF.

Funny, but have you tried to buy a milk crate recently - it's near impossible. I once wanted to buy a few and could not find a dairy within 50 miles of me willing to sell them.

But seriously, I assume you mean that all I need is something flat to attach my router to and something to hold it upside down. Am I right in assuming that template routing will be easier with a table router than a hand held?

Steve

Chris Tsutsui
10-22-2010, 1:09 PM
My local Rockler has a small CNC machine that uses a Bosch Colt. It's for carving. If you have one nearby you might want to check it out to see how they use the colt in it.