PDA

View Full Version : Corel / Photoshop question

Andrea Weissenseel
10-21-2010, 4:46 AM
I want to fill a shape with other shapes, i.e. a circle with circles as an allover pattern. They should be randomly distributed and varying in size. Is there a way in Corel to do that, without having to do it manually - or does anone know about a Photoshop plugin that does it ?

Thanks, Andrea :)

Dan Hintz
10-21-2010, 6:25 AM
I'm not aware of any native functionality for filling a shape, but you could use the sprayer... make up a bunch of different colored/size circles and make it a sprayer pattern, mask the shape off, then start scribbling inside the mask.

Mike Null
10-21-2010, 6:40 AM
Andrea

The Post Script fill tool will do that. There are quite a lot of fills and patterns to choose from and they are variable.

Save the file to a pdf and re-open and they become editable.

Mike Null
10-25-2010, 8:10 AM
Here's what you can do with the fill after converting to a PDF.

Andrea Weissenseel
10-26-2010, 1:41 AM
Thank you for the tips :) I didn't have a chance to try the sprayer yet. The Post Script fill won't work in this case, the circles were just an example - I didn't find a way to create my own fill as an PS fill. I found a neat little tool called "Shape Collage" and can use it at least to create a template.

Andrea

Dee Gallo
10-26-2010, 9:04 AM
Andrea,

You might try making a full page of the pattern you want to use, then use it with powerclip to fill whatever shape you have to fill. If you group and duplicate it to place outside the page, you can get it back as many times as you need it.

cheers, dee