PDA

View Full Version : How did you spend YOUR day???

Bill Arnold
12-23-2004, 5:12 PM
My second love (SWMBO is always first!) is spending the day in my shop creating things. Sometimes it looks like the only thing I'm creating is havoc, but that's another story. This morning I milled some cherry strips and started edge-banding the drawer fronts for a pair of nightstands for our bedroom.

This afternoon, I've had kitchen duty. A Holiday tradition (started by my wife, of course) is that I get to bake for the neighborhood. Apricot banana bread -- many loaves. Now, I enjoy cooking and I'm actually more patient than she is on things like this and it becomes a teamwork thing -- I make the mess and she cleans it up. Tomorrow, she'll make lasagna (homemade sauce, of course) so she'll make the mess -- and clean it up!

Still, I take a short break -- walk out through the shop (garage) and.....well, you get the picture.

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Kevin Arceneaux
12-23-2004, 5:24 PM
I have been off all this week.

I managed to get the maple cut and jointed for my son's night stand, even got the top glued up this afternoon.

I finished the banding on my wife's tray, now just have to do the final sanding on it.

Ted Shrader
12-23-2004, 6:41 PM
Bill -

I am a charter member of the church of the holy procrastination, so I was out shopping. BTW, last I checked, I was in your neighborhood. Apricot banana bread sounds good. :) ;) :)

Ted

Bill Arnold
12-23-2004, 7:09 PM
... BTW, last I checked, I was in your neighborhood. Apricot banana bread sounds good.... :) ;) :)
Ted
I'll save a loaf for ya! Come on down!!!

Merry Happy Ho Ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Dunn
12-23-2004, 7:20 PM
Spent monday and tuesday with an insurance adjuster after this happened.

Norman Hitt
12-23-2004, 8:13 PM
Spent monday and tuesday with an insurance adjuster after this happened.

Hey Jim, that's pretty good. Even the best in the Old Joey Chitwood Shows, had to keep them moving to balance on the wheels on one side. Maybe you're in the wrong Profession, I think Modern Stunt Drivers get paid pretty good......better than Truckers......or at least what they paid me when I did that.

Glad the adjuster is only having to adjust the truck and not the driver.

Jim Dunn
12-23-2004, 8:26 PM
There were 5 of us standing around the truck when it fell over like that. NO ONE hurt, just a set of nerves shaken up. It actually fell over in slow motion!

Jim Young
12-23-2004, 8:42 PM
Got up, shoveled 8" of snow off my 50' driveway so the HVAC guy could get in and fix my non working heater. The spent several hours chopping wood by hand for the fire place in case the heater guy doesn't fix the heat, which he didn't. Wrapped presents. I'm tired.

Earl Reid
12-23-2004, 10:20 PM
We had about 8' of snow on 4" of slush, the blower wouldn't work at all. I shoveled about a hour and the nice lady from across the street and helped me finish, Bless her. Now it is freezing.
Earl :eek: