PDA

View Full Version : New Bosch Jigsaw... Gloat for me!

Dave Gaul
10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Last Thursday evening, I broke, yes broke my P.O.S B&D $25 jigsaw, IF you can believe it!!! The blade guide snapped off! So on Friday, I went to Lowe's to see what they have. Saw the Bosch 1587avs on clearance for $72.. but none on the shelf! So I grab the display, go find someone and ask, and they tell me they only have the display, and would sell me at 10% off the clearance price. Problem was, they couldn't find the case! So they took my number and would call if they found it. No call all weekend. I went back on Sunday. They said they don't have the case. I asked about just buying the display without the box at a bigger discount. Guy called the manager, and the sold me the saw for $50!!! I had them plug it in to make sure it worked, and of course it did. Took it home, put a blade in it, and it works like a charm! HUGE improvement over the B&D that shook my arms until they felt numb!

I got a $129 saw for $50!!!

Pretty good deal in my book!

Dave Gaul
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Oh, and pics for proof to come as soon as I find where I put the darn receipt!

Jim Rimmer
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Even without pics, you suck! Great deal.

Will Overton
10-20-2010, 2:27 PM
Dave,

We believe the price, even without a picture of the receipt.
However, we won't believe you have a jigsaw without proof. :confused:

You Suck!

BTW - use Bosch blades, they are worth the price.

Dave Gaul
10-21-2010, 7:50 AM
Dave,

We believe the price, even without a picture of the receipt.
However, we won't believe you have a jigsaw without proof. :confused:

You Suck!

BTW - use Bosch blades, they are worth the price.

Good to know! Just haven't had time to get the pics up... posting this from work actually! (early, before things get started!).

And I did buy a set of Bosch blades, came with a nice little case and all..

Darl Bundren
10-21-2010, 8:42 PM
I have that saw (I think...it's the one where you lift the black deal on the top and spin it three times for blade changes?) and like it a bunch. I've sawed some pretty gnarly stuff with it. I also got that blade kit with the cool little case. Congrats on a great purchase.

Dave Gaul
11-01-2010, 9:45 AM
Here are the pics... been using the saw alot lately, building a 2 piece counter top, kinda curvey, and laminated with black micro-dot formica, the new jig saw is a god-send!!