PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Brushes/ Good Guy

Dan Carroll
10-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I got an idea for a project a while back-- making some cosmetic brushes for my daughter and some of her friends as Christmas and graduation presents. Looking for cosmetic brush heads proved to be difficult. I could find big blush brush heads, but not any the other ones. I sent an e-mail to a couple of companies I found on the internet and got one response from FMBrush Company. The owner calls me on the telephone at the office. He says he is the last brush maker left in the US and can only compete by giving better service than the outfits in the Far East. I tell him what I want to do and he sends a sample of 9 different heads for brushes. Everything from lip gloss to blush and just about everything in between. And the sample set was free. Fred Mink at FMBrush Co. Inc. is a great guy to talk to and do business with in every way. The quality of the products sent to me was excellent.
This is kind of a different project and I think a great gift idea. If any of you are looking for something for the lady in your life, these make great personal gifts. And deal with Mr. Mink at FMBrushes. There are not that many good, easy to deal with American companies. The girls are going to love the finished product. And I promise to post picture when I figure out how.

Dan Stratton
10-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I think you are on to something here.

Cindy Navarro
10-20-2010, 5:09 PM
You should check the brushes sold by the Golden nib. He has a nice assortment, great customer service and is a turner. www.thegoldennib.com (http://www.thegoldennib.com)
He also sells shaving, as well as, cosmetic brushes, parts for razors and pens.

David E Keller
10-20-2010, 8:36 PM
Thanks for the info on the company... I've been thinking about doing something like that, and it would be nice to help out a small business owner.

Dan Carroll
10-20-2010, 9:07 PM
You should check the brushes sold by the Golden nib. He has a nice assortment, great customer service and is a turner. www.thegoldennib.com (http://www.thegoldennib.com)
He also sells shaving, as well as, cosmetic brushes, parts for razors and pens.

I have. Good people to deal with, however, he only has large blush brushes and when I asked directly, he was unable to supply any other types of brush heads.

Dan Carroll
10-21-2010, 1:26 PM
Here are the pictures (I hope).:o These are the two brushes I have finished (I still need to glue the brush heads to the tenon). Next to the brushes are the oehr heads I have have. As you can see, it is quite a variety. Everything from lip gloss to eye crease, to blush and power. Once the set is done any type of female 'war paint' is in play.