PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday, thanks Jeff N !!!

Michael James
10-19-2010, 8:09 PM
Pulling in the driveway after work yesterday, I saw the USPS box on the bench.... was that the tool I ordered?? NO.
Jeff had sent me an email a while back saying that since I seemed to like the spalted stuff so much he was going to send a couple of pieces.
That he did, and then some!
Bowl blanks, a chunk big enough for a nice vessel (when I get a steady), all sorts of woods marked, and a couple of handfuls of mostly dried pen blanks, in assorted species.
Jeff, I love ya man..... no, seriously I do!:cool:

Lousy pic with the cell, but you get the idea, right? This guy is becoming a legend in his own time..... morphing into the Johnny Appleseed of wood turning!
Thanks to all of you who have supported my journey beyond penmaking. The wood, the encouragement, the laughs and especially the friendships have really meant a lot.... and y'all know who you are!
Michael J

Ray Bell
10-19-2010, 8:42 PM
Yep, Jeff is first class. Have fun with Michael.

Roger Chandler
10-19-2010, 8:47 PM
Great gesture on Jeff's part, and nice for you Micheal! Looking forward to what creation you find in those pieces of wood!

David E Keller
10-19-2010, 8:56 PM
Love the spalted stuff! No doubt that Jeff is a talented tool maker, turner, carver, and all around class act!

David DeCristoforo
10-19-2010, 9:17 PM
Sweeeeet! Nice spalted wood is hard to find. What a great gift!

Steve Schlumpf
10-19-2010, 9:32 PM
Wow! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

Bernie Weishapl
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Jeff is top notch. Congrats on a nice load of wood.

Chris Knoth
10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
That is awesome. I need some better friends:) I just started and finding good wood to turn here in colorado has been tough on the tight budget of an army guy. Nice gloat!

George Morris
10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow Well done Jeff! G

Tom Sherman
10-20-2010, 6:38 AM
Congratulations Mike, nicely done Jeff.

John Keeton
10-20-2010, 6:48 AM
Michael, that is a sweet pile of wood!! I see a lot of neat turnings in your future. And, yes, ol' Jeff N. is a heck of a nice guy - along with his obvious talents.