PDA

View Full Version : OT How to deal with......

Chuck Wintle
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
impossible people at work. This question may be way OT but lately it seems at my work everyone is stressed and making impossible demands of my time. Is their some way to zone these people out?

Matt Meiser
12-23-2004, 1:01 PM
Same keeps happening to me and to the people who work for me. I've been telling my people that they need to learn to say no when reasonable. I of course find that advice hard to follow, but I did just tell my boss's boss that I was taking two days off this week to spend time with family. He understood completely when put that way.

I also try to look at it from the angle that its better than the opposite problem (nothing to do.)

Michael Stafford
12-23-2004, 2:49 PM
One of the most important words you will ever learn in business and life for that matter is "no". Practice it a few times until you can say it with meaning and so that people believe it. Of course saying no comes with some risks....

Chuck Wintle
12-23-2004, 5:18 PM
One of the most important words you will ever learn in business and life for that matter is "no". Practice it a few times until you can say it with meaning and so that people believe it. Of course saying no comes with some risks....
That is so true!