PDA

View Full Version : N. Texas Sawmills

Kelly C. Hanna
10-19-2010, 4:13 PM
Wondering if any of you use a sawyer's services when you obtain stock for projects? If so what do you consider a reasonable rate per hour? I am shopping three of them for my furniture business and don't have a clue about the 'norm'. I am in DFW area of Texas, so really just wanting to know about our area.

Jim O'Dell
10-19-2010, 7:18 PM
Kelly, the only one I even know about is up in Sanger. Are there others around? I haven't been up to Woods Of Mission Timber yet, so I don't know how they are price wise. I will try them out when I get ready to do the kitchen project, but that might be a year or 3 from now. I'll be watching this thread to see if there are other sawmills out there! Jim.

Kelly C. Hanna
10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey Jim...there's one in Canton [my favorite guy but he's closing the doors soon], Emory and Greenville [both east of Dallas] and I just found out about one in Stephenville.

Jim O'Dell
10-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Let me know about the one in Stephenville. That might be closer than Sanger for me. Wife definitely goes that direction more often. Do they have a web site?? Jim.

Kelly C. Hanna
10-20-2010, 7:54 AM
They do....I'll PM it to you.

Paul A. Clark
10-20-2010, 8:25 AM
Woods of Mission is very nice to do business with from a retail standpoint. I have not used them for milling. I live in Austin, but when I visit family in N. Texas I always go by and pick up some stock.