PDA

View Full Version : Solustan system

Nick Michalares
10-19-2010, 1:47 PM
Has anyone here had any experience with Solustan Link motion software and controllers for engravers? A friend of mine is considering converting to this and I am unfamiliar with it with Vision engravers. I saw one on a Dahlgren Wizzard once, seemed to work OK. I was a little miffed when they wanted $500 to change ownership. The company line at Vision is we have been unable to make them work with our equipment, but I was not present at this "test" so I have nothing to go on concerning it. Thanks in advance for any light shed on this "conversion" software-setup.
Engravernick

Richard Rumancik
10-19-2010, 6:05 PM
Why not go straight to Solustan and get them to tell you what will work? Are you buying new? In that case maybe you could buy through Solustan and get a guarantee it will work with your machine. (Either way they should tell you what works.) Or is the $500 transfer fee for the Vison retrofit project? Who is asking for the $500 - Solustan?

http://www.solustan.com/

Ron Fairbanks
10-19-2010, 6:09 PM
Why do you want to change? Takes me seconds to convert my artwork from Corel Draw.

Nick Michalares
10-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Why not go straight to Solustan and get them to tell you what will work? Are you buying new? In that case maybe you could buy through Solustan and get a guarantee it will work with your machine. (Either way they should tell you what works.) Or is the $500 transfer fee for the Vison retrofit project? Who is asking for the $500 - Solustan?

http://www.solustan.com/

Solustan wants the $500 to even help me with a system an associate gave me. My friend in Indiana wants to convert her DOS Vision 1624 with this. I assume it is the cheapest thing to do. She is wanting to get it new, I assume. Solustan will tell you it will work. I may try to talk her into a Vision upgrade, they are only $3995.00.

Nick Michalares
10-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I agree with you, my friend is interested in this. I am not a real fan of solustan, it just seems too easy! Plus I am REALLY not a fan of charging folks to change owners of the machine, like Xenetech and Solustan. Xenetech wants $1000 to change owners. Vision does not even charge to transfer the warranties! I am going to try to talk her out of it.

will bohn
10-20-2010, 2:28 PM
I have an Emission Tech 24x 48 60w laser that has been sitting in the corner collecting dust for 2 years. The Link Motion software is the worst I have ever seen and having 5 lasers from 2200 watts to 30 watts I know junk when I try to use it. Things got so far out of hand I had soulstan and the laser mfg. going back and forth trying to blame each other on who's fault is was that the laser would will not operate properly.
Do your research carefully about soulstan and link motion

Nick Michalares
10-20-2010, 7:39 PM
Thanks for the information Will, I will forward it to my friend interested in this.

jeff snider
03-26-2013, 10:49 PM
I had to pay Dherin Shah $699 for a replacement Linkmotion Agni controller he calls it, when i find out it is nothing more than a Printer Driver thats been around since 2004 it seemed what other were saying...i searched the internet and found many people were quite upset that the support was more for getting more $$ out of the purchaser...I would suggest you do your homework on this one.....im sorry i found out the hard way and $1400 later and nothing worked as the claims were made..to me.

Mike Null
03-27-2013, 5:39 AM
Nick

Have you contacted Fred Schwartz at Quality One?

Uma Duffy
03-28-2013, 3:31 PM
We have 2 vintage Dahlgren engravers that ran as hybrid systems with Xenetech controllers (APU long boards installed in WIN 95 computers) for almost 20 years. Yes, Win 95. Before that they ran on TI80 msDOS, I think. When the Win95 boxes gave out in 2011 there seemed to be absolutely no way to upgrade or install and run those long board apu things in any current computer/OS. We were just about ready to junk both systems when I stumbled on the Solustan website.

The first thing that appealed to us was the location...MA. We're in New England, as well.
We spent about 2K each to upgrade from the enormous Xenetech controllers to Solustan's itty bity usb connected system. They generously threw in a font package to seal the deal and the support was excellent throughout installation and setup. I would not hesitate to recommend them. No more proprietary Xenetech software is the best part...everything we do now runs from Corel...the laser, dye sub and drag machines. Much simpler.

We are extremely pleased with the decision to go with Solustan.

I still have one Xenetech 2525/Viper machine and I expect to sometime in the future convert that as well. Fortunately, it still runs on Win7 so it has some considerable life left in it. Baton Rouge is just too far for easy service and the proprietary nature of the engraving program is something we try to move away from...that goes double for APPLE hardware.

jeff snider
04-01-2013, 6:54 PM
Funny, another bad comment in regards to solustans link motion, and then within a day someone comes to the rescue, is that strange or what...nice how i have now found about 10 complaints on this product....good luck

Mike Null
04-02-2013, 5:03 AM
Jeff

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment. It seems to me that people are offering honest appraisals of their experience with this company.

Nick Michalares
04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Jeff

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment. It seems to me that people are offering honest appraisals of their experience with this company.

The response to this has pretty much been my experience in the field, the ones that had a bad experience, it was usually VERY bad, there are some out there that work good and love it. I got turned off when they wanted the 500 bones just to make it work for another owner. Guess that's what ya get when you go with the cheapest. He has been around for a long time.

Caveat Emptor

:cool:

aydin satiroglu
02-24-2021, 5:29 AM
hi My Friend

i need linkmotion rotary engraver driver
i bought usb controller from solustan
driver software has been gone with my stolen laptop
the want money a new copy

iif you send me A copy of this
i would be happy
thanks for your busy

Aydin

aydinlaser@hotmail.com

Bill George
02-24-2021, 7:36 AM
My Friend this Thread is 8 years old from the last post. As long as you realize that you may never get a response.

Nick Michalares
02-28-2021, 11:21 AM
It HAS been a minute! Surprised someone is still using this. I don't know what I even did with it. Sorry I cannot help. Good luck