PDA

View Full Version : My first gloat

Andrew W. Thomas
10-18-2010, 9:47 PM
Found a deal on CL for 30 pipe clamps. The guy said he got them at an auction but didn't have much of a need for them. Got the whole lot for $110. I figure that the clamp heads alone would cost $300 new and everything works great and is free of rust. Can never have too many clamps.

Dave MacArthur
10-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Great picture--you need to use that as your Avatar!

Steve Griffin
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Scorarama!!!!

Congrats on the find.

I wouldn't consider letting a pipe clamp in my shop if it didn't have stand up pads though.

Grizzly H5516

-Steve

Van Huskey
10-19-2010, 1:38 AM
You suck! Great deal with the pipe included!

Walter Plummer
10-19-2010, 4:42 AM
Great buy. I got a deal on the heads at the IWF show. Then I went looking for pipe.:eek: That used to be the the cheap part. Trying to find a supply house to get it cut and threaded.

George Sanders
10-19-2010, 7:16 AM
I cut and thread my own pipe. My outlay for tools was very low as most people don't like using hand tools. I have a large pipe vise I got at an auction for 2 bucks. Cutter and small pipe vise for ten. Reamer for a buck; use with hand brace. Die and handle set in wooden box for fifteen that I bought from a thirsty drunk. :rolleyes: I have a lot of pipe clamps and you can never have to many. My local hardware store charges fifty cents for cuts and fifty more for threads. When I do buy pipe it's the black pipe as galvanized slips.
I do enjoy seeing the owner frown when I buy some pipe and cut it down in his parking lot so it will fit in my truck.:D

Chip Lindley
10-19-2010, 9:59 AM
YOU SUCK!!! The black iron pipe, alone, is probably worth $110 at today's prices. You got all those Pony clamps for Free!