PDA

View Full Version : Got Sassafrass??

Bill Hunt
10-18-2010, 8:37 PM
:D Friend of mine stopped by today and dropped this load off along with several pkgs. of rib-eyes, sirloins, roasts, and fresh ground round from a couple of yearlings he had butchered.

AAHHHH!! the joy of retirement in the country, good wood , good beef!

After all this he asked if he could buy a bowl for his wife, :eek:I said of course you can buy a bowl... but not from me, Take your pick of any bowl, duck call, turkey call, bottle stopper, sphere, Christmas ornament etc,etc,etc.
We've been friends since the first day of school in 1945.

After I get this processed I'll post some photos and If anyone wants to trade for ?? you can let me know.
Bill

Bill Hunt
10-18-2010, 8:48 PM
Maybe I should attachy the photo, sorry about that ..:rolleyes:
Bill

David E Keller
10-18-2010, 8:55 PM
I'll take the ribeyes... What do you want for them?:D

I might be interested in some sassafras. I've never turned it, but I hear the smell alone is worth the experience. I just got some big pieces of crabapple with some nice coloring if you are interested.

William Bachtel
10-18-2010, 8:56 PM
Wheres the beef? Just had to.

charlie knighton
10-18-2010, 9:15 PM
congratulations on the sasafrass, wood smells great, it is a little soft, but finishes up well

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2010, 9:38 PM
Congrats. You are going to like turning sasafrass because it really smells good. Finishes really well.

Dennis Ford
10-18-2010, 10:23 PM
If you can get one of the stumps, there is often a lot of character inside. Straight grained sassafras seems bland to me but it sure turns nice.

Michael James
10-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Bill, with friends like that, you don't need too many at all. Nice haul! Are you blackmailing him for something he did as a kid?:eek:

Reed Gray
10-19-2010, 1:52 AM
Bill,

PM sent. I have too much Madrone and Myrtle.

robo hippy

Steven DeMars
10-19-2010, 8:21 AM
That makes it a file' turning . . . At least here in Cajun country . . .

Sassafrass leaves are ground up to make filet' for gumbo. . . .:D

Steve