PDA

View Full Version : trying to find machined pulleys!

Ted Harris
10-18-2010, 5:47 PM
Hello everyone,
A friend of mine told me about a company that sells a kit with machined pulleys & link belts for a Powermatic Artisan table saw...anyone have any info on this? My buddy couldn't remember the name.:mad: Just bought two of the saws for a hundred bucks each,:p and am trying to get them running as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance for your time!:D

glenn bradley
10-18-2010, 6:48 PM
I am not familiar with that saw. . . Oh wait, I found it. If the pulleys are like sized and 5/8" shaft, Peachtree (http://www.ptreeusa.com/tablesaw_products.htm) has them and the PAL's that you will want for aligning too.

Heather Thompson
10-18-2010, 6:52 PM
Ted,

The company is In-Line Industries, here is the link. http://www.in-lineindustries.com/

Heather

Stephen Cherry
10-18-2010, 9:10 PM
Why don't you take your current pulley to your friendly neighborhood machine shop and ask them to true it up?

Pete Bradley
10-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone,
A friend of mine told me about a company that sells a kit with machined pulleys & link belts for a Powermatic Artisan table saw...anyone have any info on this? My buddy couldn't remember the name.:mad: Just bought two of the saws for a hundred bucks each,:p and am trying to get them running as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance for your time!:D
Grizzly sells them. Unless there's something seriously wrong with your existing pulleys it's not worth it.

Pete

Heather Thompson
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Why don't you take your current pulley to your friendly neighborhood machine shop and ask them to true it up?

Stephen,

I had a Delta contractor saw for years that I retrofitted with an Incra TSIII fence system, Betterly ZCI throat plate, WoodPecker PRL with PC7518 in the right wing, it was a nice setup. The only downside was an annoying vibration, while at a woodworking show I came upon the In-Line Industries booth , decided to try the Performance Package and sprung for PALS while I was at. After the upgrades were installed the saw would pass the nickel test everytime. The OEM pulleys were cast items and not worth the time or money, the machined pulleys are balanced and run perfectly true.

I ended up selling parts of this saw when I found a sweet PM66 that fit my needs and dreams perfectly, guess I must be living right. Both people that bought from me are Creekers and happy customers, one also got bit by the restore bug and bought an old Uni.

I find all aspects of woodworking enjoyable, finding wood, finding and fixing tools, building projects, taking classes and hanging out with like minded folks.

Heather