PDA

View Full Version : Good Quality Lumber

Bob Weis
10-18-2010, 5:44 PM
I'm not sure this is the correct Forum to put this but, I found a Supplier of quality rough sawn Green and Kiln dried hardwoods, I just picked up some beautiful Kiln dried Wormey Maple and some green Hickory to go in my solar kiln.

The guy is a vet has a nice sawmill and is very reasonable in price, He is located in Indiana about 20 miles north of Louisville, Ky in Sellersburg.
He will work with you and if he's cutting what you want will do the thickness you want. I always try and figure my board foot when I order but seem to come home with more. He likes to cut with grains that are showey uses a circular mill. Great guy to do business with.

Boonesteelmilland molding.com name is Rodger I travel about 2.5 hours one way and its well wrth the trip

Kevin Lucas
10-18-2010, 6:37 PM
I always wondered about them. I haven't made the trip across the river from Louisville. I've seen his posts on Craigslist now and then. I did find some walnut from a guy In Nabb In.. A hobbyist sawyer and he had walnut, cherry ash etc. If you see his listing and its closer definitely check him out.

Dan Hintz
10-19-2010, 7:11 AM
Linky no worky... in fact, a Google search on various terms doesn't show up, either.

Rex Williams
10-19-2010, 9:07 AM
I did a google and went right to it.

Dan Hintz
10-19-2010, 9:13 AM
Hmmm, temporary Google FUBAR on my end, it appears... working now.

Dan Hintz
10-19-2010, 9:25 AM
Ah, I see the issue now... It's BONEsteel, not BOONEsteel (one 'o'). Google makes the correction for you in their "suggestion" area.

Bob, you may want to fix the text in your first post to reflect the proper site name...

Bob Weis
10-23-2010, 5:56 AM
Thanks I live in Boone County Ky Wasnt thinking Cant seem to edit post