PDA

View Full Version : My wife plunge cutting

Bruce Volden
10-18-2010, 4:33 PM
Well I finally figured out why my wife has never objected to my making many various tool purchases over the years. I guess it's share and share alike. These pumpkins came out of the garden this year (actually about 15) from one hill. Average weight I would guestimate @ #45 on up.

Oh yeah, that plunge cut thingy, she said it was "easy as pie";)

Bruce

Neil Brooks
10-18-2010, 4:36 PM
I'm torn between congratulating you, and telling you that you're now screwed :p

Kent A Bathurst
10-18-2010, 4:45 PM
"......... and telling you that you're now screwed........"

Neil, Neil, Neil......Where is your head? Bruce is ahead of the game. All he needs is a shelf dedicated to "her" tools - and he starts with her jig saw, as soon as he gets his new one.

Neil Brooks
10-18-2010, 5:00 PM
Neil, Neil, Neil......Where is your head? Bruce is ahead of the game. All he needs is a shelf dedicated to "her" tools - and he starts with her jig saw, as soon as he gets his new one.

LOL !!!

In that case, I need to get my wife interested in my Bosch Contractor Saw, so I can get that Uni/PM/SS that I've long had my eye on :)

Bruce Volden
10-18-2010, 6:01 PM
Fact-- my wife has her own Stihl chainsaw!! And, she uses it like you wouldn't believe. For Mothers day several years back we bought her the Stihl helmet, faces sheild, muffs combo. She knows how to run the TS, BS, DP, and has her own Makita VS jigsaw. At this point she still doesn't like the routers, planer or jointer yet--but there's time:D

I came home from work several years ago and she was a soaking mess!! She told me "I know why you wait til the faucet drips more than once every 10 seconds." Took her about 4 hours but she DID have a victory. Sad thing though, she'll no longer touch the plumbing.

Bruce

Gary Hodgin
10-18-2010, 6:30 PM
Next, she'll be slicing the pork roast with your band saw.:(

Dan Hintz
10-19-2010, 7:13 AM
Next, she'll be slicing the pork roast with your band saw.:(
As long as she uses the proper blade for the thinnest kerf and not the chainsaw, you're good!

ken gibbs
10-19-2010, 7:29 AM
The man who has the most tools when he dies wins!

Mark Patoka
10-19-2010, 9:28 AM
I guess I'm not the only one that found another use for their jigsaw. I took a picture of my wife cutting out pumpkins one year with my Bosch. Worked out great but made a mess.

Vince Shriver
10-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Sad thing though, she'll no longer touch the plumbing.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that Bruce.

Brian Myers
10-19-2010, 11:36 AM
As long as she uses the proper blade for the thinnest kerf and not the chainsaw, you're good!

And cleans the saw after use!

james bell
10-19-2010, 5:52 PM
i gave my hacksaw to my wife to cut the hock off of hams (for her green beans) and bought a better one. now if anybody out there can give me a good reason for her to use my ancient freud biscuit jointer, i can get a domino!

Kent A Bathurst
10-19-2010, 7:47 PM
i gave my hacksaw to my wife to cut the hock off of hams (for her green beans) and bought a better one. now if anybody out there can give me a good reason for her to use my ancient freud biscuit jointer, i can get a domino!

Dude - you are missing the point entirely. You do not need "a good reason". You need "a plausible excuse". Two entirely different critters.

Rookies. Sheesh. :D

Ray Bell
10-19-2010, 8:33 PM
Luckily my wife would be too afraid to use any power tools. I would like to hide her hammer though. She seems to have a problem deciding which picture should go where. I figure about 3 more nail holes in the wall, and my roof is going to come down.