PDA

View Full Version : PC 19.2V Hammer Drill/Driver

Keith Starosta
12-23-2004, 9:11 AM
Good morning, all. I have a question about the Porter-Cable 9987 19.2-Volt GTF Cordless Hammer Drill/Driver. As a replacement for a duplicate gift I already have, my Mom informed me that she was going to buy this drill for me, as I had it highlighted with a couple of stars on my Wish List. It's been purchased, and should be on its way to my place for me to open on Saturday morning.

My question is, does anybody have any practical experience with this drill? I've read a bunch of reviews, both good and bad, but am hoping to get some feedback from this crowd. Anything?

Thanks!

Keith

Kelly C. Hanna
12-23-2004, 9:21 AM
I had one for a year (before the GTF). Served me well until I dropped it one day. A guy that used to work for me had the PC 14.4 model and his was in great shape after three years.

William OConnell
12-23-2004, 6:10 PM
I build houses for a living and out of the countless # of cordless drills Ive owned this one I feel is the best. Ive had 4 dewalts and didnt like the squeeze together release to eject the battery feature. Also when they fall the trigger guard would break easily. The PC uses a simple slide in to lock feature wich isnt overly engineered like so many things these days. The picture is of a 2 year old PC thats fallen off of roofs,ladders, off tables you name it. The other drill is a Panasonic that I bought because of the heavily tauted lithium battery. Frankly the panasonic gets hot when used alot and the picture shows what happened when it fell off a chair {22"} They wouldnt warranty it because it fell so I payed 90$ to have it fixed. Honestly I think the quality of the panasonic is on parr with there radios. The PC has great torque wich is always important in a hammerdrill. The batteries are a little pricey to replace but I buy them when needed. All in all this tool doesnt owe me a nickle
http://www.woodworkers.us/tempfolderpics/broken%20panasonic.JPG