PDA

View Full Version : Can you raed this?

James Jaragosky
10-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Chuck Wintle
10-18-2010, 11:07 AM
yes i can read it!

Stephen Tashiro
10-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I can read it and I can also type that way.

John Coloccia
10-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Looks OK to me. :D

Jim Koepke
10-18-2010, 1:16 PM
It was readable, but the scrambling was apparent.

From my observations of the general public, it would not surprise me to learn that we have a functional illiteracy rate of 45% with unscrambled words.

There are many people like myself that when we see the written word, we are curious as to what it says and will read it. These folks are often referred to as reading addicts.

There is another group of people who read when they want to or it is necessary to gain information they want to know. Many of these also read for leisure or relaxation.

There is another class of people who are able to read, but will only do so if they absolutely must. Encountering some of these folks has given me the impression they may suffer significant pain with each written word they process.

Then there are those who can not read or they can not make sense of written words even if they can say them while reading.

My guess is that people who participate in online forums like SMC are usually rather literate. My experience on SMC is most of the people here are fluent in the language. Even the members from non-English speaking areas appear to have better language skills than many of the people I would encounter everyday when I lived and worked in the San Francisco area.

jtk

Lance Norris
10-18-2010, 5:32 PM
Looks like a typical craigslist post...

Mike Langford
10-18-2010, 6:48 PM
Looks like a typical craigslist post...

Now THAT'S funny!.....:D (also true)

Steve Peterson
10-18-2010, 7:39 PM
It is readable for me, but at a much slower rate than normal. I have to pause on every word to decipher it before moving to the next.

Steve

Rick Prosser
10-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I can read it - and it was easier if I just scanned it, rather than trying to make out each word.

Rick Moyer
10-19-2010, 8:37 AM
Very cool. I had seen this before, and I actually think I can read it faster this way than correctly spelled. Don't know what that says about the process (or me).:eek:

Rod Sheridan
10-19-2010, 2:12 PM
Yes Jeams, I cuold raed it, at a sghlitly loewr seped.

I also agree with Jim's post regarding literacy in our society. It's astounding that we do not have an almost 100% literarcy rate in North America.

Regards, Rod.

Bill Cunningham
10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Like the old ads from the 70's.
if yu cn rd ths yu to cn b a cmputr progrmr :D