PDA

View Full Version : Lambeau Field

Greg Peterson
10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
My brothers and sister attended our first Packers game today. Despite the final score of the game, we had an absolute blast. We thought we'd have a great time. We completely underestimated the experience.

And the people in Wisconsin are the most friendly people I have come across in a long time. The fans around us were so polite and friendly.

Go Pack Go!

My thanks to the fine folks of Green Bay, Whitehall, Pigeon Falls and Osseo for being so great.

Ron Jones near Indy
10-17-2010, 11:31 PM
I'll bet your reception would have been different if you were wearing a Miami gear. I know it would have been different if you were wearing Bears gear.;)

Curt Harms
10-18-2010, 8:15 AM
come to the Linc in Philly wearing Cowboys gear when the Cowboys are playing here.:eek::eek:

Phyllis Meyer
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Greg, So glad you experienced walking into Lambeau Field, and yes in spite of the outcome! We had the opportunity to go but had company come in.

Every time we go, we are always friendly to the opposing team and vice versa. There is sometimes a better show in the stands than on the field! Tailgating and being in the crowd is quite the experience!

Phyllis:)

Greg Peterson
10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll bet your reception would have been different if you were wearing a Miami gear. I know it would have been different if you were wearing Bears gear.;)

Actually, the Dolphins were well represented in the stands.

We were talking to the couple behind us after the game. Two or three times they expressed their hope that we had a good time and that no one was rude or impolite to us. Wow! There was some braggarts in the stands, but they were not wearing Packer colors.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
As a young manager in Chicago, I had a young engineer working for me in Green Bay. He and his father had a small bar they owned that was just a short distance from Lambeau Field. I made a tour of his area with him visiting hospitals and meeting customers.

Later we stopped by Lambeau Field and I was able get out and look around. It was cold blustery day in December and I was wearing a winter weight heavy wool 3 piece suit and a heavy overcoat. Boy was it cold! I could only imagine what the players and fans went through there during some of the games. Tough conditions!