PDA

View Full Version : Divided attention

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I was just sitting in my recliner, while watching the Nascar race, and had to jump up and see what is happening on SMC.

I am just wondering how many other wood turners are doing the same [maybe not the same TV program] but you attention is divided with SMC?

Steve Vaughan
10-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I am. Small fire in the woodstove, nascar on, laptop in the lap checking out smc. Good stuff. Gonna look into putting a flatscreen and run cable out to the garage in the next year.

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 10:13 PM
I am. Small fire in the woodstove, nascar on, laptop in the lap checking out smc. Good stuff. Gonna look into putting a flatscreen and run cable out to the garage in the next year.

Steve, I did not think I was the only one! It looks like we have a pretty good representation from Virginia on this forum tonight.......!

Steve Vaughan
10-16-2010, 10:20 PM
We're pulling for Denny...live just about 4 miles from his home (here in Chesterfield, not Charlotte). And just to be sure we're on topic, if I had a lathe in front of me, I'd be turning and watching...:cool:

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 10:23 PM
We're pulling for Denny...live just about 4 miles from his home (here in Chesterfield, not Charlotte). And just to be sure we're on topic, if I had a lathe in front of me, I'd be turning and watching...:cool:

Definitely on topic..........my biggest concern trying to turn while watching the race would be getting a BIG catch! :D I don't have cable in my little shop building, but it sounds tempting!

Ray Bell
10-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Watching NASCAR, switching between Ohio State/Wisconsin, running to the computer for SMC....whew, I should sleep good tonight.

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Watching NASCAR, switching between Ohio State/Wisconsin, running to the computer for SMC....whew, I should sleep good tonight.

Ray,

I feel your pain! :eek::D:D;)

brian watts
10-16-2010, 10:32 PM
sitting in a hotel room in PA watching nascar and looking here..to see what you are turning

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
sitting in a hotel room in PA watching nascar and looking here..to see what you are turning

Brian,

I sure hope you find some wood to take home with you to GA. Some great hardwoods there in PA! Too bad you did not have a mini to carry along with you.............I am sure the housekeeping people there would love to find the room filled with a lot of curlees and shavings! :eek::D:D:D:D:D

Bob Bergstrom
10-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Jimmy's just riding along till it is time to blow by Bush and on to the win!!

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Jimmy's just riding along till it is time to blow by Bush and on to the win!!

Maybe Bob! Ya' know what? What Nascar needs is a really good car sponsored by Oneway, or Robust, or Sorby.........maybe Teknatool? If a top tier driver could be had, then likely there would be an automatic fan base that already exists for that team..........whaddaya think? :D:cool:;)

Bob Bergstrom
10-16-2010, 11:09 PM
I'll bet he would be really good at "Turnin" LOL.:D:D:D

Roger Chandler
10-16-2010, 11:12 PM
i'll bet he would be really good at "turnin" lol.:d:d:d

rotfl! :d:d:d

Tony Pridmore
10-17-2010, 12:35 AM
I just came home from the race and had to see what was happening on SMC. :D

Bart Leetch
10-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Those crazy Nascar racers are real good at going in circles, Turning should be second nature in the off season.:D:D:D

brian watts
10-17-2010, 1:01 AM
Brian,

I sure hope you find some wood to take home with you to GA. Some great hardwoods there in PA! Too bad you did not have a mini to carry along with you.............I am sure the housekeeping people there would love to find the room filled with a lot of curlees and shavings! :eek::D:D:D:D:D

LOL people all way tell me i should carry my lathe because this year iam gone alot working.kills me not to turn alot but looking on helps me until i get home