PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DW625 -- need a part measured

Roger Feeley
10-15-2010, 3:09 PM
I had my DW625 mounted under my router table for years. In fact, this thing has never been upright when used. I modified it with a Router Raizer and (silly me), have lost track of the parts I removed.

My bride bought me a brand spankin new Bench Dog cast iron router table (dead flat), Jessem lift and the Jessem/Milwaukee motor. Now I would like to return the DW625 to upright service.

True to Murphy's Law, I found all the parts but one. I need the threaded height rod. I checked the parts sites and they don't list the part.

could anyone out there tell me the size of the rod and pitch? If it's standard, I will go buy some all-thread. If not, I don't know what I will do.

thanks,
Roger

Bob Adams
10-15-2010, 9:34 PM
Both of mine are over 15yrs old. So it may be different. Rod length 5.5 in
the rod is 1/2 13 N/C

Michael Wildt
10-15-2010, 9:42 PM
If you have the nut for that rod you can find out the type of threaded rod you need. Any hw store should be able to have a selection that would work. You can use something like this to figure it out as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Starrett-Screw-Pitch-Gage-Threads/dp/B0006J4CSG

The nut appears to be 761225-02.

Roger Feeley
10-17-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks guys,

yeah, I should get myself a good thread gauge. I have a harbor freight cheapie and it 13tpi seemed to match pretty well. I have the quick adjust nut and I think I have the cap nut. I will take them over to my local hardware store and see what I can find. 1/2-13 would be really good news!

Gary Curtis
10-17-2010, 8:32 PM
If you will go to the DeWalt website, they list East and West Coast sales outlets of parts. I had no trouble getting that slim, phenolic piece that shims the baseplate for my 625.

I ordered from the Sacramento, CA outlet over the telephone and had the part in hand in 2 days. Very inexpensive. The DeWalt 625 is an American copy of a Swiss designed Elu. It is about 30 years old and has changed very little in all those years.

Gary Curtis

Tom Hammond
10-18-2010, 9:01 AM
Did you try

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

?

I have the same exact router, and have had little trouble finding parts for it.

Roger Feeley
10-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I've been to the Dewalt parts site and replacementparts.com. For some reason, neither site lists the threaded height rod as a part. I would guess that it's because the threaded rod is 'permanently' pinned to the base with a roll pin.

I went to the hardware store yesterday to figure out the thread form. It's M12 - 1.75. They had bolts but nothing long enough. I ordered some all-thread from Amazon.

It's a great router but I wouldn't recommend putting it into a router table. The Milwaukee/Jessem motor is a big improvement. They moved the VS control to a little box outside the router table enclosure. I can change bits above the table. I may screw the access door closed.

Thanks to all.

Roger