PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat

Brandon Weiss
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Found a brand new, never used Bosch Colt Router on CL today for $30. Was I looking for a trim router? No, but did I buy immediately when I found the Colt for $30? Absolutely.

Bill Huber
10-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Great little router...... YOU SUCK !!!!

Jim Rimmer
10-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Great little router...... YOU SUCK !!!!
+1 I paid alot more than that for one on ebay

Kevin Gregoire
10-14-2010, 10:51 PM
reminds me of the porter cable 557 for $25 + shipping off CL
isnt it awesome when we come across great deals when were not looking?

Dave Lehnert
10-15-2010, 12:04 AM
With deals like that, are you guys afraid it was stolen from a store. Why would anyone sell a new tool for a small fraction of the retail price. Not impossible but makes one wonder. If I see too good of a deal I always pass for this reason.

Brandon Weiss
10-15-2010, 12:22 AM
With deals like that, are you guys afraid it was stolen from a store. Why would anyone sell a new tool for a small fraction of the retail price. Not impossible but makes one wonder. If I see too good of a deal I always pass for this reason.

I remember this discussion previously and good deal or not there is that chance with ANY item sold on CL. Or any item sold at a garage sale, or an auction, or anything sold by owner second hand, including Ebay. No, I don't worry about it. I would be more worried if the guy had 10 brand new Colts sitting around selling them. IF I truly had a feeling that the item I was looking at might be a hot item, yes I would pass. This is not of that case so I bought with pleasure.

Rick Potter
10-15-2010, 2:41 AM
Thanks a lot Brandon,

You sure made my deal on a Colt for $50 look like I overspent by over 50%. Please tell me yours was not variable speed....make me feel better.

Rick Potter

Harold Burrell
10-15-2010, 2:08 PM
A "small gloat" deserves a small "you suck".