PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Classes - NJ to CT

Adam Leone
10-14-2010, 9:33 PM
I have been looking for a woodworking school/class for a while now and figured I would ask for some help. I am in northern NJ and am looking for a 2-4 day "fundamentals" class to take with my father in Northeastern CT. Ideally, we can find a place somewhere in the middle or a day trip from either of our houses.

I know about the CT Valley School of Woodworking and Acanthus Workshop in PA. Does anyone else know of or recommend another option in the general area. Thanks in advance.

Paul Wunder
10-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Adam,

There is a Woodcraft store in Norwalk, Connecticut that frequently runs classes for beginners/intermediates. They are also called "The Woodworkers Club". They are a two story operation with the entire second floor devoted to a huge shop with lots of machinery that is used not only for classes but also by the general population on an hourly basis for those who do not have their own shop or tools. The owner, John, is a very knowledgeable and helpful woodworker.

http://woodworkersclubnorwa.rtrk.com/?scid=1259191&kw=3761784&pub_cr_id=3492991668

You can contact them through the above link or through the regular Woodcraft web site.

Paul