PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Time #1

David DeCristoforo
10-14-2010, 8:33 PM
I finally got the correct adaptor for the Glaser chuck. FroBro was right. It's bored and tapped for a 33MM spindle. The second adaptor fits like a glove. Also, it's an internal adaptor. The first one was not and added a couple of inches to the already long Glaser chuck body. Plus it's made of hair-llluminum... not my favorite material for things like this. The "new" one is good ol' steel.

I might keep the first adaptor just in case I ever have to mount something that had a 1.24" 8TPI bore... never know.

David E Keller
10-14-2010, 9:00 PM
Glad it worked for you. I'm still not sure I understand the allure of the Glaser chuck over the Oneway screw held in a chuck, but I find myself wanting one. Is it normal to covet a tool that I'm not sure I need?

David DeCristoforo
10-14-2010, 9:04 PM
"Is it normal to covet a tool that I'm not sure I need?"

Of course it is. As to the allure of the Glaser chuck, remember that when it first appeared, it was unique. All the other screw chucks used a standard wood screw thread. Now the Glaser has an almost cult like status. It's just that I already had the chuck so I figured I might as well be able to use it.